+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Office 365 & Microsoft Learning in Technical; Hi, We have an OVS-ES Licencing agreement that also entitles us to use and access Microsoft's Online Learning Portal. I ...

Thank Post

Office 365 & Microsoft Learning

Hi,

We have an OVS-ES Licencing agreement that also entitles us to use and access Microsoft's Online Learning Portal.

I am just setting up some training guides for our staff to access and learn from them.

I have successfully created the groups, and the group access code and limited access to the domain of our staff emails etc.
    Now, during testing I notice that pre-existing email accounts can access the Training Portal OK, but new Office 365 accounts cannot access; stating that a Microsoft Account is required.
    Is this because our existing emails accounts were originally on Live@EDU before recently being migrated to Office 365? And now, newly created Office 365 Accounts are somewhat different?

Would this then mean that for staff using newly created Office 365 Email Accounts, they could initially enter their Learning Code and (work) Office 365 Staff Email Address but then they would have to use (or create) a different/additional Microsoft Account?

The whole point of using Microsoft's Online Learning Portal is to help the non-IT savvy staff; and confusing them with additional email/Microsoft accounts before they can even log in would be enough to put them off!

Thanks

Thank Post
    Do you mean IT Academy?

You should be able to sign in with your Office 365 account, as well as a Microsoft Account:

Member Sign In

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Hmm - sadly that's a new one on me!

Office 365 accounts are different to Microsoft Accounts (formerly Windows Live ID), but it is possible to associate a Microsoft Account with an Office 365 account - it's just a manual (i.e. user-driven) process.

Your existing Live@edu users will be fine since they were provisioned with a Microsoft Account automatically.

You raise a good point though - one which I'll try and find an answer to!

5. Thanks to jamesbmarshall from:

MYK-IT (7th June 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread