+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, My Big Campus, Launching and promoting in Technical; Hello All, I have recently been doing a lot of work on our online learning provision, and it has become ...
    Thank Post

My Big Campus, Launching and promoting

Hello All,

I have recently been doing a lot of work on our online learning provision, and it has become very clear that one size does not fit all in our school, we use Fronter as our current VLE, which does work for our older students, it does not work very well for our project based learning subjects and our younger and lower abilit students.

We have recently been upgraded from live@edu to office 365 for education (A2) plan, but am holding fire on sharepoint online at the moment.

What I did do about 3 months ago is sign us up to My Big Campus, we can have SSO with our local AD as we have Lightspeed Rocket provided through our Internet service from our LEA.

But I have failed to come up with a plan of launching it, from my research it seems great, and will compliment what is already there very well with it's "Facebook-like" look and feel and great resources already there, the issue is I am not sure what to introduce staff to first and get them using, with our VLE it was initially just a dumping ground for what was of our shared drive, but now it is being used a bit more effectively.

The bit with the actual question below

I was wondering what schools are using My Big Campus out there and how you launched it and got people excited. I am welcome to PMs and if you are willing I would like to come out and meet your staff and students on how they find it.

Any points of view would be great on this, or whether you think I could be barking up the wrong tree.

Thank you all in advance,

Bkgarry

Thank Post
    Hey BKGarry, We are a lightspeed "flagship" school utilizing all things rocket/MBC/MDM etc. I am certain I can help here with both visits and even training / launch etc. PM sent :-)

3. Thanks to marekbrad from:

Eappariello (6th June 2013)

Thank Post
    @BKGarry Sounds like @marekbrad can help out.

Also, you will find communities on MBC itself to ask this questions and it might also be worth posting up on EduTalk on MBC also. We also have MBC Coaches/Experts that have launched and supported MBC in large environments that you can utilize if needed.

Thank Post
    Thank you @Eappariello I like the idea of the coaches, I will be looking at what to launch step by step, as this will be used in conjunction with out VLE and to not replace it, at the moment.

Thank Post
    Does anyone here use My Big Campus?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread