+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Office 365 Pre-upgrade in Technical; Anyone know if it is possible to request to be upgraded to the latest Office 365? Just upgraded from Live@edu ...

Thank Post

Office 365 Pre-upgrade

Anyone know if it is possible to request to be upgraded to the latest Office 365? Just upgraded from Live@edu and had been testing AD FS and DirSync in the latest version and really liked the latest version, so was a little disappointed to have stayed on the pre-upgrade version. We're planning a launch of Office 365's new features after half-term and the latest version really works very nicely!

Thank Post
    I was at Microsoft London the other week with the Office 365 product manager asking the exact same question.
    He was telling me that they are having to upgrade in two stages. All Live@Edu accounts upgraded to Office 365 2010 and then upgraded to Office 365 2013. They have told him they hope to complete both upgrades by September but have a deadline of December.

He also said he could not get out of them who is getting upgrading when. He was quite annoyed by that.

Ironically if you and I signed up today without ever having had Live@Edu we would get the new Office 365 2013 version.

3. Thanks to mslaterdws from:

theaksy (26th May 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

If you have been upgraded to W14 then you should receive communication in the coming weeks about your tenancy being upgraded to W15. Like stated above the upgrade is done in 2 stages and as you can imagine it's done very carefully and I'm yet to hear of anyone have any problems when being upgraded and this is due to the due diligence taken by Microsoft when upgrading tenancy's so that your service does not get affected.

if you have any further questions be sure to reply.

Regards,
    James.

5. Thanks to EduTech from:

theaksy (26th May 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanks both for the answers. I agree it must be a huge undertaking for MS to shift all these accounts around, and as we're only on the A2 subscription we can hardly go demanding upgrades. I can appreciate its hard to give definite dates for things too due to the numbers and that they don't want to compromise the service by moving too quickly. I think I was just a little disappointed having used W15 for a couple of weeks and been totally amazed by it, to then not get that version for my main tenancy. Good to know I'm not hunting around for an upgrade option anywhere though, and I'll wait with anticipation for the upgrade!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread