+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Office 365 - Help Please!! in Technical; Hi - hopefully someone can advise me on a problem that I have came across while implementing Office 365 SSO ...

Thank Post

Office 365 - Help Please!!

Hi - hopefully someone can advise me on a problem that I have came across while implementing Office 365 SSO and Active Directory Synchronisation.

The set up went well until came to the point of installing and running DirSync.exe from the admin portal. Basically, I installed the program and ran it. Once complete there was an error in the process and now when I try to log in to the management portal and enter the admin username I am being redirected to a "page not found". I don't even get the chance to enter the password because as soon as the username is entered the redirection starts, with the message:

"Redirecting: We are taking you to your organisation sign in page"

It would be good to get some advice on how to go about resolving this issue.

Kindest Regards

Ed

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    If you can't even get into your admin portal, I think you're going to need to phone support. The UK number is 0800 032 6417.

Thank Post
    Did you by any chance rename your administrator account from "admin@something.onmicrosoft.com" to "admin@myowndomain.sch.uk"?

It sounds like you've turned on AD FS federation for your domain, and since there's a problem with it you now can't log in as your administrator because it's in a federated domain (and since ADFS has the problem, you can't authenticate... and round and round we go).

The only way to resolve this is to either fix the problem with AD FS (if you know what it is, and it doesn't rely on access to the tenant), or as @AngryTechnician says, phone support.

This is a fairly common occurrence where people don't realise just how important it is to keep your admin account separate from everything else!

Support are well versed in how to fix the issue, give them a call and they'll help you get this sorted.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread