+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Greyed out Outlook, Calendar and People in Office 365 in Technical; For some reason We've lost the Outlook, Calendar and People options from the top of the portal for admin users. ...
    Thank Post

Greyed out Outlook, Calendar and People in Office 365

For some reason We've lost the Outlook, Calendar and People options from the top of the portal for admin users. Has anyone experienced this issue before? I can see the options, but they are greyed out.

Slightly concerned and puzzled.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Do admin users have Exchange licenses allocated to them? Have you tried creating a new admin user, with an Exchange license enabled?

Thank Post
    Hi Michael, seemingly all working this morning... Clearly issues behind the scenes, planned maintenance which hadn't been specified. This particular school account was only setup recently, using the new UI from the start.
    The fact that MS give no mention of platform issues is very alarming, whilst in many respects I'm naturally pleased it's working, on the other hand I'd like a blooming explanation.
    Last edited by Mr_Jiminy; 6th May 2013 at 08:56 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Sometimes I find a simple logging out and logging in of Office 365 cures all kinds of glitches Office 365 presents the end user - especially in the middle of an upgrade!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jiminy View Post
    Hi Michael, seemingly all working this morning... Clearly issues behind the scenes, planned maintenance which hadn't been specified. This particular school account was only setup recently, using the new UI from the start.
    The fact that MS give no mention of platform issues is very alarming, whilst in many respects I'm naturally pleased it's working, on the other hand I'd like a blooming explanation.
    Without wanting to sound overly defensive, did you check the planned maintenance schedule, and have you looked at the service health dashboard to see if there were any recorded issues?

If there was no scheduled maintenance, and no service-impacting events on the service health dashboard, did you log a call with support?

Office 365 does publish its planned maintenance schedule online: https://portal.microsoftonline.com/S...intenance.aspx

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbmarshall View Post
    Without wanting to sound overly defensive, did you check the planned maintenance schedule, and have you looked at the service health dashboard to see if there were any recorded issues?

If there was no scheduled maintenance, and no service-impacting events on the service health dashboard, did you log a call with support?

Office 365 does publish its planned maintenance schedule online: https://portal.microsoftonline.com/S...intenance.aspx
    Hi James,
    Yup checked all that and nadda was reported.
    I had planned on logging a support call first thing this morning.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread