+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Sharing a file on Sharepoint for public viewing on the Internet with no credentials in Technical; Hi All, I'm trying to share a file on sharepoint so I can place a link on our main website ...

Thank Post

Sharing a file on Sharepoint for public viewing on the Internet with no credentials

Hi All,

I'm trying to share a file on sharepoint so I can place a link on our main website to it, and it wont prompt for credentials when you try to open it - it will jus topen the file.

I've tried sharing this various ways and added "Everyone" to both viewing and editing but it still prompts for credentials when i try to access this externally.

Anyone tried to do this before or know what I'm doing wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Thank Post
    Managed to find a solution for this. If anyone needs to enable this i used this guide:

How to Enable Anonymous access to a SharePoint 2013 site | CloudShare Community

Cheers,

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

Indeed that solution will work for you, although it all depends on how you use your sharepoint team site as this is generally a site for internal employees. Ensure that you have not opened up access to this site to the public.

You should generally use the Public SharePoint site in order to provide people access to documents that you want made available, or indeed look at using SkyDrive.

Regards,
    James.

Thank Post
    Hi James,

Thanks for your response, ill have a look into Skydrive. I'm fairly new to sharepoint and just needed our students to view a file on our website form our sharepoint, which at the moment only staff can access. We have just rolled out Sharepoint in the last few months and are still getting to grips with things and using Anonymous Access enabled us to open up a specific library for us.

I double and triple checked i hadnt messed up permissions with Anonymous and opened up the whole thing to the public (:.

Thanks again!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread