+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Office 365 Useful Powershell in Technical; We're in the middle of setting up an Office 365 solution for our staff email. During the setup I've needed ...

Thank Post

Office 365 Useful Powershell

We're in the middle of setting up an Office 365 solution for our staff email.

During the setup I've needed to use a bit of Powershell which is totally new to me. I thought it might be useful to others if I shared what I have learned. I have written (compiled is probably more accurate) some scripts in Powershell IDE so that techies after me have an easier life. Once downloaded you can run them by right click - Run with Powershell. You will need to edit it first to include your proxy settings or comment out the proxy command before running if you don't have a proxy (# is used for comments in Powershell)

Hide users from GAL - can be used to hide users from the address lists. We need this because administrators need to enter a mobile number for the purpose of password resets but we may start using Office 365 Outlook for students later in the year so we need this information hidden. We're setup 2 accounts for administrators a regular user account for them to use for emails and a second administrator account.

Connect-SetRegional-SetSpelling is a script for setting the regional and spelling options for all current users. Using this will mean that users aren't asked to confirm regional settings when they first login. It's set to check spelling before sending an email and customized to UK.

Hope they're useful
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Thanks to sottonk from:

Jollity (8th March 2013)

Thank Post
    I put the Set-MailboxRegionalConfiguration commandlet that you use in Connect-SetRegional-SetSpelling in the script I use to create new accounts, however I find that it will fail if run too soon after account creation. Exactly how long varies, but it can be several minutes - presumably will the mailboxes are provisioned. In the end I have put it in a separate script to run a little after creating the accounts.

Thank Post
    That would agree with my own experience of the system. On one occassion I found after running the script that the timezone and language settings had applied but the date format setting hadn't. When I logged in on the test account to check it had worked I recieved an error message that the date format (which was still set to m/d/yy I think) wasn't compatible with my other regional settings. A few minutes later the date format had setting had taken and everything was fine. The nature of the cloud I guess.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread