+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Chromebook help required in Technical; Hello all, I have got google apps for my school and all is going well (syncs all in place etc...) ...
    Thank Post

Chromebook help required

Hello all,
    I have got google apps for my school and all is going well (syncs all in place etc...) and got a chromebook to play with. I know its a paid service to manage a chromebook but just cant get the management console to appear. Its one of those cases where I have money to give to someone but no one to give it too.
    The chrome OS tab is not there (under settings) and so far all the help I can get either points me to a "help form" which simply emails me a set response telling me to watch their online seminar or to contact a google apps distribute. I did just that and they sent me the same darn link I was filling out already.

Does anyone know of a definite way to get this added or a company who will take my money to make it work. Yes I only want one management console for 1 chromebook now but will want alot more in the future.

Its driving me quite mad to be honest with you all so please if you can help do!

Thank you all in advance.

Rob

Thank Post
    I was in the same boat and it seems minimum purchase is for 5 management consoles at £19 each. I tried asking google directly for a single licence for evaluation but was just redirected to a reseller - Home by c-learning

SPM

Thank Post
    You can try contacting Google and ask them whether there are Google partners for education that they can put you in contact with for the web management console.
    Chromebook management console
    Contact the Chrome for Education Sales Team

I doubt if anyone would be interested in managing a single Chromebook though, but they could explain it to you and probably demo it, and support a trial.

The Chromebooks you buy in retail are individual devices which aren't set up for management via the web management console (which works with a particular Google Apps for Domains domain). You normally have buy Chromebooks direct from Google or from a Google partner to get Chromebooks which are set up for domain management with the web management console, although I believe you can reconfigure them to do so. This has to do with security, since you don't want somebody out there on the Internet "managing" your Chromebook without your consent.

Google don't seem to have gotten up to speed yet with Chromebooks for Education yet in UK as they have in the US.
    Last edited by SPM; 2nd March 2013 at 11:06 PM.

Thank Post
    thank you. I will give c-learning a go and see if they can help. I honestly dont mind if they say you need to buy 5 of them at once. I just want to know that someone, somewhere will take my money in exchange for this service.

SPM

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robjduk View Post
    thank you. I will give c-learning a go and see if they can help. I honestly dont mind if they say you need to buy 5 of them at once. I just want to know that someone, somewhere will take my money in exchange for this service.
    It may be better to try contacting Google again as well because c-learning looks like a Chromebook training rather than a provisioning/management service.

Thank Post
    Dear Rob - C-Learning is an approved Google Chromebook & Chrome OS Management software supplier working solely with schools and colleges. If you still need your Chrome OS licences please contact sales@c-learning.net or call 01225 863218. As part of our wider set of cloud services we also help schools accelerate their deployments of Google Apps and we deliver Google Apps training courses for both those new to Google Apps and also those wishing to become Google Certified Individuals. Hope this helps. Regards

Thank Post
    Dear SPM, thanks for your comment but just to say that C-Learning is an approved Google Chromebook reseller for schools and colleges in the UK and across Europe and we are able to supply both Chromebooks and the Chrome OS Management software licences as well as Google Apps training and support for any schools wishing to accelerate their Google apps deployments. Regards

Thank Post
    Dear AliG, many thanks for your answer to Rob's question and we have helped lots of schools, colleges and universities with both the supply of Chromebooks and Chrome OS management licences. Regards

Thank Post
    @c-learning Welcome to Edugeek. You have indeed helped ourselves with a pilot of Chromebook's including a very good deal on the trolley and in particular a huge thanks to Ian. Hopefully you will be able to help out in the forums regarding all things Google Apps and Chromebooks related.

AliG aka Alan G

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread