+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Office365 - Big oops? in Technical; So this afternoon I got round to enabling Federated Services on a domain. However, after that, due to various issues ...

Thank Post

Office365 - Big oops?

So this afternoon I got round to enabling Federated Services on a domain. However, after that, due to various issues with IIS, it's all gone to pot. I now realise I can't login to my Microsoft Online Portal using the account that I created when I signed up. Should this work despite the ADFS problems I'm having or do I need to wait for ADFS to work again before I can login?

I suspect I've made a gaff by enabling federated services on the domain that is also my admin login. (By that I mean I've enabled SSO on mydomain.com and my admin login is adminlogin@mydomain.com)

@jamesbmarshall - Any tips?!

Reading online, I can turn off the Federated stuff. But that's assuming I can login to Powershell using those credentials!

Edit: Seems I won't even be able to use Powershell. ("When you are prompted, enter Office 365 administrator credentials that are not SSO-enabled.")
    Last edited by Edu-IT; 27th February 2013 at 07:20 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    I made a similar ballsup a few years ago with Google apps - locked out the domain admin account. Massive screwup. I called them and they put me straight through to an engineer who sorted it then and there. I'd give MS a call, I'm sure they'll be able to sort it at their end.

Thank Post
    Just found a thread on here where somebody else has made same mistake, just need to try and find right number to call now. Which doesn't seem so easy to find online.

Not the first mistake I've made today either!

Thank Post
    The number I have just tried has hung up on me twice. I thought support was 24x7? If anyone knows who to contact, please do post the number.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Can you not remember your tenancy.onmicrosoft.com administrator account? or did you change this to be a domain account and that is the one you have enabled for SSO meaning you have no accounts left to login with because ADFS don't work!...

You can contact the MS Office 365 Support On: (UK)

Toll-free: 0800 032 6417
    Local: 0203 450 6455

Drop me an IM (FB/Skype) if you get any bother, i'll poke someone in support for you...

Hope that helps,
    James.
    Last edited by EduTech; 27th February 2013 at 08:12 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    Can you not remember your tenancy.onmicrosoft.com administrator account? or did you change this to be a domain account and that is the one you have enabled for SSO meaning you have no accounts left to login with because ADFS don't work!...

You can contact the MS Office 365 Support On: (UK)

Toll-free: 0800 032 6417
    Local: 0203 450 6455

Drop me an IM (FB/Skype) if you get any bother, i'll poke someone in support for you...

Hope that helps,
    James.
    Well that was a useless call! I have a case reference. If you can prod somebody who might be able to help me more? If not, I'll just wait until tomorrow and hope that I can reach the UK not US.

Exactly that...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Well that was a useless call! I have a case reference. If you can prod somebody who might be able to help me more? If not, I'll just wait until tomorrow and hope that I can reach the UK not US.
    The US chaps are great! drop me your case reference & primary administrator address.

James.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    The US chaps are great! drop me your case reference & primary administrator address.

James.
    They might be, but the ones I got weren't. I don't think the poor phone line quality helped.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    They might be, but the ones I got weren't. I don't think the poor phone line quality helped.
    Interesting.... I don't have any issues with the guys in the US speak to them more so to be honest, but it does happen every now and again!...

James.

Thank Post
    James is on it, thanks! Hopefully I get back in.

Lesson learnt.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The case has been moved to Forefront Identity Services Team, They should get back in touch with you later this evening once allocated to an engineer (not sure what time though (sorry)) but what they will probably do for reference is change your primary domain back to a non-single sign on domain so that you can sign in using local authentication. I then recommend you create yourself a backup 'global admin account' and then try setting up SSO again.

Cheers,
    James.

Thank Post
    Well this thread seems to be looking after itself!

It's a relatively common mistake for people to federate their administrative account but hopefully one Microsoft Support can help you rectify - you only make the mistake once!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread