+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Google Apps Setup in Technical; Hi All, A few staff have started to look into Google Apps and one has setup an account. The first ...

Thank Post

Google Apps Setup

Hi All,

A few staff have started to look into Google Apps and one has setup an account. The first issue we've got is that our domain name is owned by the LA and redirected to something else, so we can't easily upload the verification file. We only really want to use the apps, nothing else at this stage. Is there any other reason that the domain needs to be verified other than security?

Thanks!

Thank Post
    Our LA also control everything but I was able to upload a file Google supplied to our web space using an ftp client. Do you have access to the admin control panel in Google Apps?

Thank Post
    I do, yes

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by juicyfruit View Post
    Hi All,

A few staff have started to look into Google Apps and one has setup an account. The first issue we've got is that our domain name is owned by the LA and redirected to something else, so we can't easily upload the verification file. We only really want to use the apps, nothing else at this stage. Is there any other reason that the domain needs to be verified other than security?

Thanks!
    @juicyfruit As long as you can access the site via FTP, you can upload the file Google supplied. It doesn't matter that your site is redirected to somewhere else. When you go to the domain, I guess it redirects you to another web address. If that is the case, it doesn't matter because Google will be able to see the HTML file that you upload.

Thank Post
    I did try this but received the error message 'Your verification file redirects to a disallowed location.'

Thank Post
    I did try this but received the error message 'Your verification file redirects to a disallowed location.'
    @juicyfruit can you PM me your website domain name that you are trying to use with Google Apps please.

Thank Post
    Seems to be OK now - Well, almost. When the account I've logged in as was setup, the 'www.' was missing. I've added a new domain including the 'www.' and it has verified this no problem. The only issue now is that this isn't the Primary Domain

Thank Post
    Seems to be OK now - Well, almost. When the account I've logged in as was setup, the 'www.' was missing. I've added a new domain including the 'www.' and it has verified this no problem. The only issue now is that this isn't the Primary Domain
    @juicyfruit I've got a couple of Google Apps accounts before I they got rid of the Free Account. I've never put the domain name in with the "www." All the domains have domain.co.uk

Just had a look at Google Support and they say there isn't away of changing the primary domain apart from setting up a new account and migrating the data over

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread