+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Cloud MIS systems in Technical; I am in Baku, Azerbaijan and have been set the task of finding a MIS system. The school extends from ...

Thank Post

Post Cloud MIS systems

I am in Baku, Azerbaijan and have been set the task of finding a MIS system. The school extends from primary to secondary (post-16). At present everything is done on paper (nightmare) but as a developing school we are keen to investigate and implement a robust system.

If anyone is in Azerbaijan or know of overseas and UK companies that cover this country or would be willing to, then please help me.

I have read loads of threads but am still researching - any help would be welcomed.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,494 Times in 1,340 Posts
    I take it that your internet service is robust as well? not knowing that part of the work at all.

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 1,012 Posts
    @vikpaw is one our resident MIS experts

along with @GREED

4. Thanks to glennda from:

vikpaw (31st January 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    I take it that your internet service is robust as well? not knowing that part of the work at all.

Ben
    Hi Ben, thanks for response. There is internet at the school, but I would not consider it robust. In addition, the school does not have a network as defined by any dictionary. Nevertheless, I am putting a proposal together for both cloud and in-house systems hence my enquiry.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Hi @MissyD to EduGeek.
    I've replied to your message.
    It would be good to know some more details about your school, size, maybe the curriculum, and what functions you need as a minimum from the MIS.
    Also what the ICT / network infrastructure is at the school, if any.
    If you look at Aspen who sponsor the MIS forum they could give you a cloud setup to pretty much all you need, and host it for you. The access could be entirely from tablet PCs, you would just need wireless, if you have a 3G infrastructure in the country.
    There are other international offerings, SIMS is usually a client server model. PowerSchool and iSAMS are cloud based. There are myriad US style web systems.
    The sticky thread in teh MIS forum Something to keep an eye on from DfE

has some useful info, and some links to drawing up a statement of requirements which will be your best bet at comparing what is available to you. Not all the providers approved for the UK have an international offering.
    There should be a document coming out shortly with some more info on a few of the suppliers.

Thank Post
    Hi VikPaw, thank you for your response – to be honest the school does not have a network.
    The school covers primary to secondary and totals approx. 450 students currently. The curriculum is English – the MIS functions needed are, parental/medical details, behaviour, registration, pupil progression/predictions (grades), report writing (collation of all data from all subjects), various level users access, financial system (incorporate teachers and ancillary salaries as well as school fees), timetabling, sickness cover, parent/teacher secure remote access to system, calendar, email, homework or even links possibilities to future VLE .
    I have not looked at Aspen yet but will do. I don’t think we could go wireless, as we are still struggling to get Ethernet.
    Thanks for update on suppliers will keep eye out.

MissyD

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread