+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Office 365 - "Display Names" attribute in Technical; Hi All, Does anybody know if the following is possible, I've had a good hunt around and whilst I can't ...

Thank Post

Office 365 - "Display Names" attribute

Hi All,

Does anybody know if the following is possible, I've had a good hunt around and whilst I can't see anything, I'm sure that is soemthing that can be done in the backend that will probably allow this, using the Synchronization Service Manager (MIISCLIENT).

We have Office 365 setup which syncs to our local AD using Dirsync, this all works fine. Our staff are setup in AD with the following attributes (for example), FirstName = Joe - LastName = Bloggs - DisplayName Mr J. Bloggs. Which for in school is what I want, so when staff have there computers in use, the pupils see on the screen Mr J. Bloggs rather then Joe Bloggs.

When this syncs with Office 365, It pulls over, FirstName = Joe - LastName = Bloggs - DisplayName Mr J. Bloggs - So now when any e-mails are sent it shows them as coming from Mr J. Bloggs, but here I would rather it show up as Joe Bloggs. So what I want to know is can I change any of the backend settings to say Exchange Display name is made up from FirstName and LastName Attributes rather then the DisplayName attribute??

If not, is there a PowerShell command that I can run that will set the Display Names based on FirstName and LastNames?

Thanks

Matt

Thank Post
    After having a good old play around this afternoon and lots of internet searches I've managed to take bits from different postings and I have managed to find a way to get this working!!

Yipeeee

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread