+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cloud Services Thread, Office 365 - Not a good start in Technical; Does anyone know the command to remove Messenger in Office365 (so it doesn't appear on the left hand side)? Also, ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Does anyone know the command to remove Messenger in Office365 (so it doesn't appear on the left hand side)?

Also, is there anyway users can be directed straight to their e-mail rather than the home page by default? Many thanks!

Thank Post
    If you don't want users to have IM, don't assign them a Lync licence.

As for OWA, go to http://outlook.com/yourdomain.com.

Thank Post
    Thanks, your OWA solution works.

Unfortunately I've tried disabling Lync, waiting 15 mins and it's still there after I've logged out then back in.

Thank Post
    I have to say, the GUI admin console on Office 365 is buggy as hell. For example try this -

Management > Users, set the amount of users to 250 per page. Click the arrow pointing right to see the next 250, then click the Username field. It changes the whole user list and not the 250 users I'm looking at.

Again, select Management > Users, set the amount of users to 250 per page. Click the arrow pointing right to see the next 250. Select all users, then click Edit. It ignores the request and returns to the first 250 users.

I can re-create this problem in IE9 and FireFox 15. Bearing in mind how long Office 365 has been out, I am surprised to find silly bugs like this.

Thank Post
    Im not sure I saw this answer for the purchasing extra subscriptions, the A2 plans are only available to add 2 weeks after the first 365 signup/transfer.

Also as we are asking questions, has anybody got user pictures working with directory sync? They are showing in lync but not owa, and meet the 96x96px rule and are only 2kb

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Unfortunately I've tried disabling Lync, waiting 15 mins and it's still there after I've logged out then back in.
    15 mins is not necessarily long enough for the licence changes to fully take effect. If the user has no Lync licence the IM block will not work.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by british_government View Post
    Im not sure I saw this answer for the purchasing extra subscriptions, the A2 plans are only available to add 2 weeks after the first 365 signup/transfer.
    It shouldn't take two weeks to verify your eligibility for Office 365 for education; you can add in a domain during sign up and should be able to start purchasing academic SKUs within a couple of days (probably hours, maybe quicker) but not weeks. If you are having difficulties log a support request.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbmarshall View Post
    15 mins is not necessarily long enough for the licence changes to fully take effect. If the user has no Lync licence the IM block will not work.
    Thanks James, I will certainly bear this in mind. Will you please investigate the bugs I've reported? To edit user licenses in bulk, I've had to delete them and re-create them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbmarshall View Post
    It shouldn't take two weeks to verify your eligibility for Office 365 for education; you can add in a domain during sign up and should be able to start purchasing academic SKUs within a couple of days (probably hours, maybe quicker) but not weeks. If you are having difficulties log a support request.
    This is the official Microsoft line, when your account is upgraded only the "Exchange Online (Plan 1) for Students" is available, I contact Microsoft directly about this and it does take exactly 14 days before you can purchase other plans (even the free ones) which is an intentional design of their system. This is the exact setup I experienced was exactly 14 days after upgrade that we could add these plans, if you are telling me this is wrong you will need to contact 365 support and let them know it isn't intentional and is an issue.
    Last edited by british_government; 25th October 2012 at 09:36 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by british_government View Post
    This is the official Microsoft line, when your account is upgraded only the "Exchange Online (Plan 1) for Students" is available, I contact Microsoft directly about this and it does take exactly 14 days before you can purchase other plans (even the free ones) which is an intentional design of their system. This is the exact setup I experienced was exactly 14 days after upgrade that we could add these plans, if you are telling me this is wrong you will need to contact 365 support and let them know it isn't intentional and is an issue.
    Can you send me a PM with your support reference number and some details please? I am 99% certain this is incorrect information.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12