+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
Cloud Services Thread, Office 365 - Not a good start in Technical; Does anyone know the command to remove Messenger in Office365 (so it doesn't appear on the left hand side)? Also, ...
  1. #16

    Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    9,297
    Thank Post
    242
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Rep Power
    344
    Does anyone know the command to remove Messenger in Office365 (so it doesn't appear on the left hand side)?

    Also, is there anyway users can be directed straight to their e-mail rather than the home page by default? Many thanks!

  2. #17
    jamesbmarshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    557
    Thank Post
    27
    Thanked 240 Times in 166 Posts
    Rep Power
    88
    If you don't want users to have IM, don't assign them a Lync licence.

    As for OWA, go to http://outlook.com/yourdomain.com.

  3. #18

    Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    9,297
    Thank Post
    242
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Rep Power
    344
    Thanks, your OWA solution works.

    Unfortunately I've tried disabling Lync, waiting 15 mins and it's still there after I've logged out then back in.

  4. #19

    Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    9,297
    Thank Post
    242
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Rep Power
    344
    I have to say, the GUI admin console on Office 365 is buggy as hell. For example try this -

    Management > Users, set the amount of users to 250 per page. Click the arrow pointing right to see the next 250, then click the Username field. It changes the whole user list and not the 250 users I'm looking at.

    Again, select Management > Users, set the amount of users to 250 per page. Click the arrow pointing right to see the next 250. Select all users, then click Edit. It ignores the request and returns to the first 250 users.

    I can re-create this problem in IE9 and FireFox 15. Bearing in mind how long Office 365 has been out, I am surprised to find silly bugs like this.

  5. #20
    british_government's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    160
    Thank Post
    24
    Thanked 20 Times in 15 Posts
    Rep Power
    36
    Im not sure I saw this answer for the purchasing extra subscriptions, the A2 plans are only available to add 2 weeks after the first 365 signup/transfer.

    Also as we are asking questions, has anybody got user pictures working with directory sync? They are showing in lync but not owa, and meet the 96x96px rule and are only 2kb

  6. #21
    jamesbmarshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    557
    Thank Post
    27
    Thanked 240 Times in 166 Posts
    Rep Power
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Unfortunately I've tried disabling Lync, waiting 15 mins and it's still there after I've logged out then back in.
    15 mins is not necessarily long enough for the licence changes to fully take effect. If the user has no Lync licence the IM block will not work.

  7. #22
    jamesbmarshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    557
    Thank Post
    27
    Thanked 240 Times in 166 Posts
    Rep Power
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by british_government View Post
    Im not sure I saw this answer for the purchasing extra subscriptions, the A2 plans are only available to add 2 weeks after the first 365 signup/transfer.
    It shouldn't take two weeks to verify your eligibility for Office 365 for education; you can add in a domain during sign up and should be able to start purchasing academic SKUs within a couple of days (probably hours, maybe quicker) but not weeks. If you are having difficulties log a support request.

  8. #23

    Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    9,297
    Thank Post
    242
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Rep Power
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbmarshall View Post
    15 mins is not necessarily long enough for the licence changes to fully take effect. If the user has no Lync licence the IM block will not work.
    Thanks James, I will certainly bear this in mind. Will you please investigate the bugs I've reported? To edit user licenses in bulk, I've had to delete them and re-create them.

  9. #24
    british_government's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    160
    Thank Post
    24
    Thanked 20 Times in 15 Posts
    Rep Power
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbmarshall View Post
    It shouldn't take two weeks to verify your eligibility for Office 365 for education; you can add in a domain during sign up and should be able to start purchasing academic SKUs within a couple of days (probably hours, maybe quicker) but not weeks. If you are having difficulties log a support request.
    This is the official Microsoft line, when your account is upgraded only the "Exchange Online (Plan 1) for Students" is available, I contact Microsoft directly about this and it does take exactly 14 days before you can purchase other plans (even the free ones) which is an intentional design of their system. This is the exact setup I experienced was exactly 14 days after upgrade that we could add these plans, if you are telling me this is wrong you will need to contact 365 support and let them know it isn't intentional and is an issue.
    Last edited by british_government; 25th October 2012 at 09:36 AM.

  10. #25
    jamesbmarshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    557
    Thank Post
    27
    Thanked 240 Times in 166 Posts
    Rep Power
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by british_government View Post
    This is the official Microsoft line, when your account is upgraded only the "Exchange Online (Plan 1) for Students" is available, I contact Microsoft directly about this and it does take exactly 14 days before you can purchase other plans (even the free ones) which is an intentional design of their system. This is the exact setup I experienced was exactly 14 days after upgrade that we could add these plans, if you are telling me this is wrong you will need to contact 365 support and let them know it isn't intentional and is an issue.
    Can you send me a PM with your support reference number and some details please? I am 99% certain this is incorrect information.



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Not a good start to the year....
    By Gatt in forum Hardware
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 7th January 2011, 11:56 AM
  2. Not a Good Day :(
    By Gatt in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17th August 2009, 10:43 PM
  3. Printer script not running at start up
    By richard in forum Scripts
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29th May 2007, 08:39 PM
  4. AUP Script thats not quite good enough
    By Pear in forum Scripts
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28th September 2006, 08:21 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •