+ Post New Thread
Cloud Services Thread, Trying out Google Apps in Technical; For a few reasons I am trying out Google Apps for Education. I have bought a new domain (***.**, very ...

Thank Post

Trying out Google Apps

For a few reasons I am trying out Google Apps for Education. I have bought a new domain (***.**, very pleased with it) to use to keep it completely separated from our current setup. A few questions that I would like to ask people who are currently using Google Apps.

Is it possible to have a copy of all emails on our internal system? I was thinking maybe an Exchange server on site that stores a copy of email mail? Space is not an issue.

Currently we do not allow any webmail to any student other than our own OWA, now this policy would need to be changed and we will need to tweak our Smoothwall box to allow Gmail but only our domain login as I dont want students getting their personal gmail in school. Has anyone else had to do this?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi Danp, I introduced Google Apps for Education at my current school.

I created two suborganisations, one for Staff and another for Students, and placed their user accounts in these respectively.

In Advanced settings, you can restrict email to specific domains, i.e. for Students, restrict to your new domain and your old domain, as a start.

Regards

Graeme

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by winng View Post
    Hi Danp, I introduced Google Apps for Education at my current school.

I created two suborganisations, one for Staff and another for Students, and placed their user accounts in these respectively.

In Advanced settings, you can restrict email to specific domains, i.e. for Students, restrict to your new domain and your old domain, as a start.

Regards

Graeme
    Thanks Graeme but that wont work for us, we block all external email systems and tell the students they can only use the school's email for school and personal contact, now as they years have gone by and smartphones and come to force most of the students use their own accounts anyway, but we cant open up Gmail as a whole, I would like to only allow our domain login.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread