CLEO are clearly trying to make us more and mre reliant on them. We spoke to them and the response was that it was their responsibility to prevent any malicious actions on our network!! Is it F*@#.
What they are trying to do is edge in to make us reliant on them so they will be at the front of the queue when Schools for the Future comes to our area, so they can take our jobs.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter if a anybody logs on to our network remotely or locally, the security is down to us. My school is locked down. We can track any users movements, stuff printed, deleted, applications used EVERYTHING!! It doesn't matter to us if they use remote logon, they cannot do anymore than if they were in the building.
They blag your head with all this 'we log it all' bollox but that is all it is bollox to try to take your job off ya so they can take over in the future. 99% of our sites that are blocked are done so prior to CLEO kicking in, of the remaining 1% we need 99% to be allowed!!! OK they are not desireable, ifilms.com and the like BUT they are recomended sites by exam boards so what can you do?? Stuff like this is not what you want but media studies courses need them. If you force the kids to find other sites then you end up with them finding sites with proper bad content that cannot be contained!! Same thing with Yahoo answers and the like. If you block recommended sites then you pick up dodgy sites!!