They will have a hard time if they do any training in my schools, my first job was to rename everything and redo all the assignments etc... so its not going to match the script at all. I've also got AD filtering turned on so its completely different again.
Any one else still on xp and ie8? we are due to upgrade to windows 7 in summer. But now have a strange problem using the show my homework site since moving over to the new proxy setings via http://pac.education.btlsl.co.uk/
To be honest, if it works in Chrome and Firefox, I'd say Lightspeed isn't to blame. Are you Sure Show My Homework still support IE8? Sounds to me like a browser issue.
You can't make this up:
Sorry, community.lightspeedsystemystems.com is not currently accessible because it is an unknown website.
As a slight aside, has anyone else had issues with Prezi? I have had issues getting embedded videos to show. They work fine on the old filter, but as soon we switch over the video won't load.
Also, Google Images has been a little "crash happy" of late. I'm guessing this is a script issue of some kind but it is sending our ICT teachers nuts! I'm hoping that the change compaibility mode has stopped this as I haven't had any more reports but only time will tell.
That's just how it cuts and pastes from the browser. The link was the url (it truncates it on the denied screen) and that's how it copied out of the browser.
Using lancs email addresses as temp override authority so teachers can get on with things in-between peripetic technician visits
Create a new lancsngfl email address called email@example.com (use your real school)
Goto Dashboard - Administration and then Add Authentication Source
stick email in all boxes (or anything you want) but put in outlook.lancsngfl.ac.uk for mail server and tick the encrypt and end user use.
Goto Webfile - Override Users and create a new list called web, description web
Edit it and Add User
Search for web - click on it - change Name to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enter web as description
Goto WebFilter and Policy Management - Rule Sets - Students
Scroll to Access page
Select Require Username and select Restrict username as well and select web for username access
Then make sure all the overrides boxes are ticked for every category you want staff to be able to override and that web is selected
And I think that does it
I've got it working so if it doesn't work for you then its probably my instructions
@SimpleSi you can use the Add Authentication Source to add your AD domain, then setup the filtering based on AD groups/OUs (like it will be in the end).
If you turn on Allow users to authenticate from the access page when blocked then staff can change to their AD account using the not you link in the top left next to Unknown User. This also has the advantage of requiring zero input later when OCL let us use the agent as your users will just start auto authenticating.
All would be great with auto auth; just think what might happen when a teacher lets a kid use her laptop (especially if it's connected to the projector)
I don't use AD in any of my schools
Simple shared folders for pupil work
I have a copy of the agent but it doesn't work no matter what you set the ID_SERVER to. OCL are dragging their feet and wont really give me a reason why I cant use it now.
@SimpleSi Oh...I bet changing the internet settings on everything was fun...
I use open source WPKG for software/settings deployment :)