+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
CLEO Thread, Equal Pay Review for IT Managers (Phase 2) Salary in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); Have spoken to HR who have sending me the job spec over. It looks a little incomplete but at least ...
    Thank Post
    Have spoken to HR who have sending me the job spec over. It looks a little incomplete but at least its a start. I do manage a cluster of schools but they pay us to support them so not to sure if that comes under this. Its not that i am complaining but to be told there will only be one grade of network manager and then to find out that this is not the case its not on . Also i know that some people out there took a wage cut because of this one case fits all .
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sammy42; 14th March 2012 at 03:01 PM. Reason: more info

2. Thanks to sammy42 from:

SimpleSi (14th March 2012)

Thank Post
    So is the case this is a new job description that has been created recently or that it’s always been there? My job title like the majority is ICT Network Manager, yet as you say we were graded as ICT Manager. It’s not your complaining it’s the fact that we have either been misled or this grading has kind of been hidden. Maybe a call to the union is also in order to see where we stand on maybe being re-graded.

Thank Post
    Yes academies can pay the wage they see fit, that a member of staff si willign to take to do the job on offer. Nothing a union can do about it either.

I don't think a lot of schools will have their Network Managers graded as high as that, though some schools will have it higher. Also these are guidlines and not rules, meaning LA schools are also no obliged to follow them.

Thank Post
    As I understand it there is a list of tasks each task corresponds to a number or points, and as an old tv show said "points mean prizes". I would love to get hold of one of these points lists, you could then read though it and select the areas you do, and add examples, then hand it in to your BM and ask for it to be submitted for review.

We changed to academy recently and were emailed out a job profile sheet and asked to fill it in, this was quickly recalled and we were told individuals will be contacted to discuss this form if needed, I'm temped to fill it out any way (wouldn't know were to start mind you), its basic the same job pay review the local counsel did but now done by the new HR company were using. I wonder if this would be some thing a union rep would help with?

Thank Post
    I've just had a quick read of the document posted by Sammy42.

It states that this post woudl only usually be found at the largest schools.
    So I would expect this to be at a school with 2000+ pupils minimum or be multiple sites with 1500 pupils minimum.
    I would expect the ICT team to consist of an ICT Network Manager, then a deputy, then a senior tech, then a tech.
    The ICT Network Manager to be reporting directly the Head/ Business Manager.

If you are in a very large school, and have a large team with maybe 4 or more below you. Then this role may be yours.

Otherwise you will probably fall under the Grade 6/ 7. If your alone in a smaller school, then you may well be Grade 5/6.

Thank Post
    But it doesn't state that in the document or make it clear the size or school or the size of the ICT team, so its open to interpretation. Just spoken to HR who have no knowledge of this, but did say i would be best speaking to schools HR?
    Last edited by ticker; 14th March 2012 at 03:57 PM.

Thank Post
    rob101 i do have them documents i will try either uploading them here or send them via PM.

Thank Post
    Mm - interesting.
    When the stage 2 docs came out, I'm pretty certain that there was nothing above Grade 7 that could be matched to a what we'd all call a Network Managers role.

So it looks like someone added this little gem in at a later date and kept it a bit quiet

If I was in the position of losing pay as a result of stage 2, then I'd be having a meeting with my line manager to discuss it and bringing these docs along (and contacting my union if I was in one)

Si
    PS maybe some school managements complained at the initial "one grade to rule you all" approach and had it added???

Thank Post
    I was assessed as ICT Network Manager. I do Network Management as well as a lot of SIMS system management. In particular assessment, data, reports, census etc etc.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ticker View Post
    rob101 i do have them documents i will try either uploading them here or send them via PM.
    That would be great thanks.

Thank Post
    rob101 i am sure these are the documents you want.

NJC Guidance Booklet[1].pdf

NJC_scoring_matrix.pdf

Thank Post
    Rung HR and asked to speak to the EPR team, they know nothing about this new scale or the fact that a role has been added to Grade 8, they told me to ring schools HR who werent sure either!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    Mm - interesting.
    When the stage 2 docs came out, I'm pretty certain that there was nothing above Grade 7 that could be matched to a what we'd all call a Network Managers role.

So it looks like someone added this little gem in at a later date and kept it a bit quiet

If I was in the position of losing pay as a result of stage 2, then I'd be having a meeting with my line manager to discuss it and bringing these docs along (and contacting my union if I was in one)

Si
    PS maybe some school managements complained at the initial "one grade to rule you all" approach and had it added???

Thank Post
    Ticker
    Have been reading the posts and I can see a pattern forming here HR and School HR saying they know nothing about this Please see below who sent the job spec document to my schools HR as you can see he not exactly a standard admin person

Ken Hardwick
    Job Analyst
    HR - Corporate Services
    Office of the Chief Executive
    Marsh Lane, Preston

15. Thanks to sammy42 from:

ticker (15th March 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234