+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
CLEO Thread, Equal Pay Review for IT Managers (Phase 2) Salary in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); I have just had the talk with the head about the review. this has left me a little confused when ...
    Thank Post
    I have just had the talk with the head about the review. this has left me a little confused when the new grades come in do we move to the bottom of the new grades straight away or do we have to work our way up?
    By the conversation i have just had with the head he thinks i will have to work our way up to the new grade form my old grade. Am i correct in thinking this is not the case , will i be moved straight to the bottom of grade 7.
    if its as the head thinks it will take me around 10 years to reach the grade 7 of the network manager concidering i am on grade 5 now

Thank Post
    By the conversation i have just had with the head he thinks i will have to work our way up to the new grade form my old grade. Am i correct in thinking this is not the case , will i be moved straight to the bottom of grade 7.
    100% certain to go to at least the bottom of Grade 7 (or I'll eat my hat )

Si

Thank Post
    Thanks for clearing that up, Me and my staff thought that was the case.

Thank Post
    Just been talking to one of my schools' secretaries (know idea what the correct english is ) and they've said its definitely coming in on 1st Jan 2012 (I trust her - she does the budget )

Si

Thank Post
    Just had some even better news
    My head has decided not to wait till January and has unilatterally put me on my new grade from Sep 1st

There are still some good managers in this world

Si

Thank Post
    Si, you lucky begger, if only all of us had managers like that.

Good to hear anyway

Thank Post
    In our situation we have 2 NM and we look after 650 clients/6 servers and we have both lost 10% of our salaries. We have protection till Jan2013. As expected not happy with this. In fact cannot be a$$ed coming in anymore.

PS - First post!!

Thank Post
    I think the only way out of this for advanced network managers is to look at the admin/buisness manager type roles and negoiate yourselves into them.

I know you need to be careful, but if you are doing more than the role of an ICT Manager, then you could maybe start asking who will be taking over these extra jobs in January 2013?

Simon

Thank Post
    Thanks Si,

I would be very intrested to know the sizes of networks elsewhere. Am I right in assuming we are all responsible for PAT testing on our computer equipment?

Could I setup a poll on this subject? I gather it doesnt matter what qualifications people have or the size of your network, the grades stay the same.

Just had OFSTEAD in for last 2 days so I might go and ask for our new job roles today. One things for certain, people cannot go round continuing to speak to me in the manner they do.

As a famous man once said: Try playing me for my money and I'll put a shell in ya.

Thank Post
    supercat

I Sympathise with you since the head has told us we are all getting a pay rise in this department I have noticed a marked increase in the way that menbers of the SLT talk to me. I get the impression its a case of we are being forced to pay you more so we can talk to you how we want. for your poll I have 560 Clients over 20 servers most (legacy from the old team which takes time to go through and with diffrent OS on them) our PAT testing is done by contractors not us as this is a job in its own right.

Thank Post

PHase 2 pay review

As a Network Manager in a large secondary school i want to ask you all if any of you have seen this document.

This was brought to my attention by my bursar last week if you look at the attached document which was updated in 04/01/12 you will all see that there is a IT Network Manager Pay Grade in grade 8. I checked my payslip and found that i had been job evaluated as a ICT manager even though i was a network manager perviously when i was employed for the job . I have tried and failed to find a job spec for this Network Manager grade 8 cant find one on the schools portal but can find the ICT managers one .

The question i am asking did all network managers in lancashire get job evaluated as ICT managers Grade 7 ?
    Is this a mistake ?
    Or are we all being job evaluated at the wrong grade.

Your thoughts on this gents please.
    Last edited by sammy42; 14th March 2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Thank Post
    Have you rung HR up and asked about this, i have attached the pay scale from 2010. Just spoken to our BM who wasn't aware of this!!!

Colourful_Payscale__Grades_1.4.10,_NJC_Rates_1.4.09__Schools.pdf

Thank Post
    Does anyone know who will be responsible for the pay and conditions of support staff in Academy schools?

Our school has moved out of LA control and become an Academy school. Our staff are on nothing like the rates of pay talked about above.

I am the ICT Network Manager and my salary is a lot lower than on the scale shown above. Feeling a bit fed-up after reading all of this....

Andrew

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adhutton View Post
    Does anyone know who will be responsible for the pay and conditions of support staff in Academy schools?
    Academies set their own pay terms & conditions. In the majority of cases they will broadly follow existing local Govt pay scales but they are not obliged to do so.

Thank Post
    So, with many schools moving to be Academies that pretty much makes pay reviews a waste of time then?

Andrew

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast