+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
CLEO Thread, equal pay review Phase 2 in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); can some one put them on here so we all can see them as i dont have access to the ...

Thank Post
    can some one put them on here so we all can see them as i dont have access to the portal or pm me them thanks.

Thank Post
    @ChrisH

I hope that's the case, i'm currently a Network Manager on Scale 5, been pushing for at least a Scale 6 for the past 2 years, I feel really ripped off, and i'm hoping that EPR will push me up to what everyone else is on in Lancashire.

3. Thanks to dezt from:

SimpleSi (13th June 2011)

Thank Post
    Google Lancashire County council pay scales for the PDF for pay scales.
    Last edited by ChrisH; 13th June 2011 at 09:30 PM.

Thank Post
    Has anyone noticed that the current draft role specs on the Portal no longer have any grades attached to them.

So now we can play a nice game of arguing which role matches us best and then find that they assign it Grade3

Si

Thank Post
    Just been told today that the head here is having a meeting with the SBM next week about draft migration. If we want to speak to the SBM to say where we think we should be then we need to see her before Thursday.

I't's gonna be good here, SBM has been here 6 months, and still doesn't know what everyone does, head is leaving at the end of term and we aren't getting a full time one until after Christmas, but we will have a stand in, but she doesn't know who anyone is, let alone what they do.

Thank Post
    All extra appeal stuff has to be in by next Friday fyi.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    All extra appeal stuff has to be in by next Friday fyi.
    What stuff and where does it have to be in?
    Si

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    What stuff and where does it have to be in?
    Si
    I think that this is exactly what everyone is thinking. @ChrisH is very lucky with how much he has been kept in the loop... where I work they just seem to be pretending that it isn't happening!

Thank Post
    If you don't think you match one of the templates or like me you have a lot of extra responsibilities above that of the ict manager template you need to be filling out the hay scheme paperwork. This has to be done on the electronic forms and returned. Your bursar/business manager should have the details of this process.

Thank Post
    I had a meeting with the sbm on Friday, the outcome of it was that I think I'm doing an it manager role, she said she'll push for it, but the head doesn't know what I do so he'll need convincing. Sounds like great stuff, head only sees me when something isn't working, which means he hardly sees me. Guess I'll not be getting the it manager role after all, suppose the fact I'm the network manager is irrelevant, my main question will be who will do all the jobs I do now if they don't move me across to it manager

Thank Post
    You need to write out all the stuff you do and put it in front of the Head with a copy of the ICT Manager template to show you are a match to it or do it verbally by going through it all or number all the points on the template and give examples.

Thank Post
    I've gone through it with the sbm verbally with her writing down examples, it all boils down to what the head thinks. If they put me on ict support 3 then the school will suffer as there is nobody there capable of doing what I do.

Thank Post
    There has to be someone doing the management aspect in a high school unless you are under a managed service. If they say you are not doing the parts that are the difference between ICT 3 & ICT Manager then who is? How are they qualified for this ? If it is just budget & personnel responsibilities? If so that is going to be tough for you if you don't line manage any staff or have complete responsibility for 1 or several budgets. Are you involved in policy decisions?
    These are the things that give you firm footing in the area of 'management' because at the end of the day most of the people involved are not going to understand the technical aspect of the job apart from (hopefully) understanding that it is a highly skilled job that takes a lot of knowledge and constant development of those skills and knowledge to do, therefore you are paid more than a job with a very restricted and static skill set.

Thank Post
    Thanks for those points, now I think about it I line manage 1 IT Technician, manage 1 budget. I have not had the oppertunity to be part of policy decisions, but that was because the old SBM blocked me when I tried updating them, they haven't been changed since i've been here, and thats over 6 years now.

I have written procedures for remote access for staff, backup procedures so if the IT team were ever off at the same time the backups would be covered, that's just one example, another is the anti virus procedures i've written.

I am line managed by the assistant school business manager, who is only part time and term time, but she is currently paid on the scale that other network managers are that I know, SO1, which I think is the reason that I have never been moved to that scale, how could the school justify paying me the same as my line manager?

I have looked at all the draft profiles for EPR phase 2, and the ASBM doe not exist, so i'm really confused aas to what she will go accross as, IT manager is line managed by someone on SLT, which she isn't, and ICT Support 3 is line managed by ICT manager, which she isn't.

Confussed .com at the moment.

Thank Post
    Hmm line managed by a part timer..... You need to argue that you should be ICT Manager and should be line managed by either the BM or another appropriate SLT member. Depends on the structure in your school, is the BM considered SLT or not?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast