+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
CLEO Thread, Equal pay review Cumbria in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); I guess I'll be going down, I'm on P01. I used to work for a local authority a few years ...
    Thank Post
    I guess I'll be going down, I'm on P01. I used to work for a local authority a few years ago and we went through job evelauation and I lost A LOT of money, hence the change. Guess I'll just have to go to the private sector again as reducing my salary (and I know they will) what's the point????

Thank Post
    You don't see to many jobs advertised at the moment though!

Thank Post
    I was looking at the results of the same exercise in Kirklees. Some of the job families are crazy - there seems to be no coherent approach.

http://www.kirklees-ednet.org.uk/man...adteachers.pdf

As many have said before the whole scheme is nonsense. IT managers, network managers and technicians can do wildly different jobs in different schools so need grading according to what they do, not some council box ticking exercise. I'm pretty sure I will get hit massively as I currently sit near the top of PO5 - looking at other schemes IT manager posts don't seem to get placed anywhere near this. Comparing it to the Kirklees outcome (I use them as an example as they have kindly published their job families and salary scales on the web) I could be looking at 8 to 10K pay cut! I know many others here who are in the same position.

The only hope we have is that the governors here reject the scheme and carry on ploughing their own furrow. Apparently this is allowed in foundation schools.

Thank Post
    I can see the job families for Kirklees, but can see no salary scales?? Can you post a link jcollings?

Thank Post
    S01 to P05 - that's a big difference! I guess these are not the extremes either. I guess there are many on less than S01 here in Cumbria.

I too looked at kirkless a few weeks ago. When I read it, it looked like a tuck shop technician was judged to be the same as an ICT Technician??????

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcollings View Post

The only hope we have is that the governors here reject the scheme and carry on ploughing their own furrow. Apparently this is allowed in foundation schools.
    How safe do you feel that the Governors will support you and the rest of the support staff?

Thank Post
    You're right the difference between SO1 and PO5 is huge. I still somehow doubt that my pay will go up after the equal pay review!

Thank Post

9. Thanks to jcollings from:

Gardinho (1st November 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KWestos View Post
    I too looked at kirkless a few weeks ago. When I read it, it looked like a tuck shop technician was judged to be the same as an ICT Technician??????
    What a great opportunity for multi-skilling, think of the synergy :-X

Thank Post
    How safe do you feel that the Governors will support you and the rest of the support staff?
    Not sure at the moment. The Head is certainly on our side and trying his best to sort it out. I think he sees the disruption it will cause if it goes through.

Thank Post
    S01 to P05 - that's a big difference! I guess these are not the extremes either. I guess there are many on less than S01 here in Cumbria.

It is a big difference. I am very lucky. The head (who is my line manager) recognises that ICT has grown over the years and that the post has grown with it so he pays me accordingly. As I say - I know how lucky that makes me in education! I don't think it's an outrageous salary though - it equates to roughly the same as the heads of some of our smaller departments which feels fair given what I now do.

Thank Post
    It is a big difference. I am very lucky. The head (who is my line manager) recognises that ICT has grown over the years and that the post has grown with it so he pays me accordingly. As I say - I know how lucky that makes me in education! I don't think it's an outrageous salary though - it equates to roughly the same as the heads of some of our smaller departments which feels fair given what I now do.
    I truly believe you are on the right salary grade. Just out of interest, do you do anything above and beyond that of the "generic" ICT Network Manager. Are you on SLT or anything?

Thank Post
    I truly believe you are on the right salary grade. Just out of interest, do you do anything above and beyond that of the "generic" ICT Network Manager. Are you on SLT or anything?
    Hmm - interesting question. Not SLT. I guess I do a lot of stuff others do on here and some other stuff. I have a major involvment in SIMS - not just making sure it works but driving it forward, introducing new modules, training staff, working with behaviour management. I also do a fair bit of VLE work, again devloping it's use, working with teaching staff, trying to use it in inovative ways and embedd it in the curriculum/school ethos, training etc - pretty much project lead for that. Get involved a fair bit with building projects, manage the ICT at a local special school and some primaries. Other than that just regular IT Manager stuff - budget, IT strategy, manage staff (4 of those), sit on various groups - marketing etc.

I guess the thing about this is we all do a range of things which is why single status sucks as IT staff are so diverese in different organisations.

I think of it a bit like teaching staff - they get a core wage then TLR points for taking on extra stuff which pretty much how the head works out my salary.

Thank Post

I think of it a bit like teaching staff - they get a core wage then TLR points for taking on extra stuff which pretty much how the head works out my salary.
    Hit the nail right on the head there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank Post
    My friend is an EWO (on the same scale as social workers - S01) and she received her letter a week or two ago and on the current NJC she goes down two grades. Now obviously we don't know what that grade will equate to, but it don't look good!!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast