+ Post New Thread
CLEO Thread, MIDAS Latest !! in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); Hi, Anyone know what is going on with MIDAS, how it is going to be rolled out, etc. etc. Deputy ...
    Thank Post

Smile MIDAS Latest !!

Hi,

Anyone know what is going on with MIDAS, how it is going to be rolled out, etc. etc.

Deputy has asked me what I know !!

I will suggest our Net Manager goes to the meeting on 26th May to catch up, but wanted some info in advance !

Any news appreciated.

Rgds,
    David.

Thank Post
    Not heard anything recently always worth looking over at the cleo web site but i would imagine they are waiting till the meeting to release all the information. there are some presentation on the westfield website from the last meeting if there any good.

Thank Post
    All seems to have gone quiet, anybody know what’s happening. I was meant to attend a meeting last week for something relating to MIDAS and was going to ask then but due to illness couldn't go. We where one of the early adopters and were meant to be using MIDAS before the summer.

Thank Post
    Very good point! According to http://www.cleo.net.uk/getfile.php?s...2010_Final.pdf we are supposed to have parental reporting, hope to hear back from CLEO soon.

Thank Post
    Rolled out to pilot schools now, early adopters in the very near future, everyone else will get sometime after that. Call your support centre for further info.

Unvalidated User
    Thank Post
    They have complated their first release of MIDAS. This version has corrected all the known issues from the version they showed the early adopters in October, including many enhancements from the version they trained they on in October. The pilot schools have received their administration usernames and passwords and will be testing fully over the next two weeks. They are going to use the pilot schools test results to combine with theirs to give final sign off to give other schools surety in using Midas.

Once this process is complete they are then going to issue usernames and passwords to the Early Adopter schools to allow them to start their own testing process, and they are going to be getting some training days set up soon as well.

I work for one of the Early Adopters and have already had a play with the system on a training day, and I must admit i am looking forward to getting to use it on our Live system as i think it will be a massive benefit to our Parents more than anything.

7. Thanks to Podge from:

AWicher (13th January 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanx for update, but its sad how i can only get updates from here! It's not like its going to effect me or give me more work to do :/

Unvalidated User
    Thank Post
    To be honest, if we had not been an early adopter then i dont think we would have heard anything either. There are other schools in my area who have not heard anything about it, apart from the word MIDAS, and thats all. So I can count myself lucky I guess.

Thank Post
    3rd hand information sorry!

There is talk that Midas might now be a buy into service, with BT taking over they will have to show profitability!
    Disappointed if this would be the case, as CLEO subscription is going to go up (talks around 50%)
    Wonder what this would mean for moodle? Might end up hosting internally, Only reason i had Moodle put on county servers was the promise of integration with upcoming projects.
    One thing I would do would bin off mahara.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AWicher View Post
    3rd hand information sorry!

There is talk that Midas might now be a buy into service, with BT taking over they will have to show profitability!
    Disappointed if this would be the case, as CLEO subscription is going to go up (talks around 50%)
    Wonder what this would mean for moodle? Might end up hosting internally, Only reason i had Moodle put on county servers was the promise of integration with upcoming projects.
    One thing I would do would bin off mahara.
    Where's that sprung from?

If that's the case I might go back to pushing for sharepoint/SLG.

Thank Post
    My school bursar in past life worked for BT so I’m guessing that’s where she will be getting it from. I will press her for more info!

I do like the SharePoint idea though! i tried to introduce that few years back but got brick walled from SLT. Never really knew why, but this might be a good time to try again as well.

Thank Post
    If people are interested in sharepoint VLE solutions Phil Scanolon at SystemHost (::: www.systemhost.co.uk :::) is well worth talking to. A number of South Lakes schools are working with them to build a great hosted sharepoint environment - we're one of them and it's going very well. We're effectively helping them build a Sharepoint solution tailored for education. They are also writing SIMS webparts which will include read/write access in the near future. They are very open to customising it for individual schools and building bespoke webparts.

Worth a phone call and a chat if you are thinking Sharepoint.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AWicher View Post
    I tried to introduce that few years back but got brick walled from SLT. Never really knew why, but this might be a good time to try again as well.
    Ours was down to a few things, one the general consensus I got when asking various people that by waiting for CLEO we would be in the right area waiting for the LA provided solution and secondly, it was already included in the CLEO subscription so extra cost against our already constrained budget.

If it's chargable, that's the second point out the window.

Thank Post
    In regards to CLEO hosting moodle, it might be worth contacting LUNS about the cost to continue hosting as they were hosting moodle it on behalf of CLEO and I hear is quite a bit cheaper than the BT pricing.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread