View Poll Results: Are you signing to agree to the new LCC t&c's?

Voters
2. This poll is closed
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
CLEO Thread, Equal Pay Review in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); Hello Everyone! How is everyone? Has anyone within LCC got any news on the Equal Pay Review in relation to ...
    Thank Post

Equal Pay Review

Hello Everyone!

How is everyone?

Has anyone within LCC got any news on the Equal Pay Review in relation to us the lone ICT guys?

Ive heard the results are in and Head's know.

Regards,
    Matt

Thank Post
    Nothing yet ..... Its all on this website but you need to have all your payslip info to get in.

Thank Post
    Aren't you guys going to have to go through the national job evaluation in the next couple of years anyway??

Thank Post
    dont know, we will have to see

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    letters have only been sent to non-school staff so far, the rest of us will get one fairly soon I'm guessing.

Thank Post
    Is the thinking in this that for the whole of LCC that an ICT technician in a school would be paid the same as an ICT technician working in the library system for example?

Im guessing its all based on the actual job titile.

Thank Post
    We've had a brief Equal Pay Review Update here, and I know that TAs are losing out a fair old chunk of money per year with the current proposed plans, but no news on how it might effect me as yet ..

The joys huh ..

Thank Post
    Interesting list here found while doing some dinner time surfing.

http://www.thestirrer.co.uk/Document...ew-15jan08.pdf

Birminghams County Council's resulting jobs. It ranks all of their job titles in order according to its pay. Birmingham have a range for ICT technician/manager of between 341-472 points. Matching that to LCC's new pay list (released this morning) means a salary range of £16,830 - £22,221.

MS
    Last edited by mstarkie; 25th March 2010 at 02:42 PM.

Thank Post
    Popped home for lunch today (just felt the need to get some peace, quiet and decent coffee for a change) and I had 2 letters awaiting me about the pay review and the new agreements stating that basically, they didn't have a final decision on my pay review because they either hadn't looked at my role as yet / I was too new in post / awaiting information from the head at the schools I work for, but would I mind signing a nice yellow form to agree to the new rulings and terms despite not knowing what the effect on my pay will be.. Hmmm ..

The new holiday / sick leave / etc things seem ok, but I am a relative newbie into the 2 posts so the changes don't make a huge difference to me (15 months for one, 7 for the other), but how can I sign something when I don't have the final conclusion to my actual pay as surely that would remove ANY legal footing I may have about it?

Sheesh ..

Thank Post
    Right done some digging (7 minutes worth).

ICT Technicians are a phase 2 employee. I cant find a source for this.

From Schools Portal : Under Equal Pay Review FAQs
    I'm a 'Phase 2' school employee, why am I not included and will my terms and conditions change?
    The range of school staff in this phase is very diverse and there are major differences between schools in what these staff do and what they are currently paid, even though many have similar titles.

To evaluate them all individually with the time and resources we have available is impossible. Therefore, we have decided to deal with this group as part of a future job evaluation scheme to be introduced by the School Support Staff Negotiating Body (SSSNB).

This should be easier as the SSSNB scheme will include a wide range of role profiles determined nationally to which most school staff can be assimilated. We are including Phase 2 staff as part of our examination of terms and conditions of employment.

Source :
    https://schoolsportal.lancsngfl.ac.u...geid=28900&e=e

Then taken from the memo : UPDATE ON SCHOOL SUPPORT STAFF NEGOTIATING BODY (SSSNB)

Despite considerable progress within the SSSNB and its working groups, Employer and Trade Union sides agree that it is looking increasingly unlikely there will be an agreement on a pay and conditions framework that would require implementation during this year. In these circumstances it is envisaged that implementation would not take place before 2011 at the earliest.

Source :
    http://www.lge.gov.uk/lge/aio/4613207

7 minutes using only google. How hard would that be to put into a quick note onto schools portal lol.

Obviously even though with sources its still speculation.

MS

Thank Post
    Meh .. we'll see when it comes .. who knows, they might line us all up with industry IT bods .. that'd be nice! lol ..

*wakes up*

sal

Thank Post
    The proposal you are being asked to sign is 'voluntary'. If you do not sign you will be dismissed and reingaged in the same instant. You will not lose anything by not signing - length of service, pension, money etc. there will be no record of you being 'fired' - because you have done nothing wrong, just not responded to a request. If you voluntarily accept the changes you cannot complain later that the evaluation is not fair, and your union is also weakened by the proposal that management don't have to consult with them in future.
    You lose nothing by not signing, and will lose some important rights by signing.
    Don't sign, at least - not yet. There will be further pressure put on you as an individual. there will be 'clinics' offered with your line manager: please refer to your union before agreeing anything.
    Remember that this is voluntary (to avoid duress claims) and that we could do better than what is on offer. Check it out on the union website, share your thoughts with colleagues, there's no hurry.

Thank Post
    If you do not sign you will be dismissed and reingaged in the same instant.
    Hi

Do you have any source for this information?

regards
    Simon

Thank Post
    ICT Technicians are a phase 2 employee. I cant find a source for this.
    If you can't find a source - why make the statement

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    26 April 2010 Deadline for staff who wish to voluntarily agree to the new terms and conditions to do so*.

1 May 2010 Staff who have not voluntarily signed up to the new terms and conditions will receive notice of dismissal and offer of immediate re-engagement. The notice period is 90 days*.

1 August
    End of 90 day notice period to staff who have not voluntarily accepted the new terms and conditions.*

New terms and conditions are implemented.
    EPR team begins processing appeals.
    This from the ESO site.

[deleted rubbish]

Unless you were receiving lots of perks under the old t&cs then you won't really lose out in the future - I did notice that overtime was only going to be paid at 25% so that looked the worst change for me for the extra's I sometimes do in the holidays/weekends.

regards
    Simon
    PS MY wife - who is a school sec, also did not receive any indication of her proposed salary/grade in the new structure.

PPS - the one doc that seems unavailable via ESO is the new salary/pay grade PDF!
    Last edited by SimpleSi; 25th March 2010 at 08:24 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast