+ Post New Thread
CLEO Thread, Did the 10th March work go-ahead? in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); I wonder if the work actually took place on Tuesday as we had the best Tuesday service we've received for ...

Thank Post

Did the 10th March work go-ahead?

I wonder if the work actually took place on Tuesday as we had the best Tuesday service we've received for several weeks?

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    Hi Simon,

It certainly did, its great to hear the preparation my colleagues put into the network engineering results in a desirable experience for you guys on the ground! This is afterall what we try and work day in and day out trying to do

Dan (LUNS)

Thank Post
    PS. I work in the systems side - I think we should all spare a though for those responsible for networks- they only ever get blamed when things go wrong [i'm sure some of you are familiar with this ]

Thank Post
    I have every respect in the world for the engineers

I just don't have a lot of respect for the system - for instance - if you hadn't replied on this forum - would anyone have ever found out

I just don't think the people providing the end -user service have any idea as to the combined effect of the small defects in all the cogs put together with a mushroom information system

When the schools had dial-up/isdn and internet was a small part of the teaching equation - then "at risk" tuesdays was OK - it was value for money.

This is simply no longer true - I had HMI inspectors in on Tuesday at one of my schools - I had to advise the teachers not to use the Internet for anything Tuesday morning and recommended that they didn't use it Tuesday afternoon.

It would have been stupid of me not to given the network infrastucture service level over the past month.

I hear that "they" are wanting to install 10MBs into primaries - we NEED redundant feeds first - not higher bitrate single-ended feeds.

Does anyone consult with anybody at our end - no they don't.

I'm starting to think the old days with ex-teachers trying to provide us with internet was a better way to run things as at least they'd worked in primary schools in the recent past

regards

Simon
    PS Congrats on a fine piece of work on Tuesday BTW

I love the smell of rant in the mornings

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread