+ Post New Thread
CLEO Thread, Outlook Web Access Via CLEO in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); Hi all, does anyone who uses CLEO in Cumbria have there own exchange box accessible via there CLEO connection? We ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts

Outlook Web Access Via CLEO

Hi all, does anyone who uses CLEO in Cumbria have there own exchange box accessible via there CLEO connection?

We are upgrading our Exchange box which does all our own email from 2000 so we can use Outlook Web Access and new features offered by newer versions of Exchange. But we want staff to be able to access emails from home as well with the new system.

Now this will mean it needs direct access to the box from the web via CLEO. Has anyone done this or can point us in the direction of if and easiest way of CLEO doing this for us please. I am new to working in Cumbria so not familiar with CLEO myself so don't want to find i'm not asking the right person the question or missing a bit of paper etc...

We ideally want it so staff can go to webmail.ourschool.cumbria.sch.uk if possible.

Cheers!

Thank Post
    A guy called Jeff Haslam is the chap you need. I'll PM you his number when I'm in on Monday. I know some schools are doing this (or were).

3. Thanks to jcollings from:

john (20th September 2008)

Thank Post
    Cheers Jarrod, we had said he may be the right guy but were not sure if he was in this instance or not. Hope we can still do this, staff are desperate for it so hope they just go yes sure no problemos and have it done in a matter of a few days!

Thank Post
    I'm pretty sure they'll be able to sort something out and Jeff is really helpful - just massivly overworked. CLEO support in Cumbria is not the best which isn't by any means Jeff's fault - there just doesn't seem to be recognition that you can't do it all with 1 man and his dog!

I do know that some schools have public IP addresses in Cumbria (issued in CLEO's early days) but we also had an email last week saying CLEO wanted to start clawing these back from schools.

Thank Post
    We do it - it involved a little bit of setting up with the guys at LUNS but was relatively painless. Jeff Haslam is the first port of call for all things CLEO in Cumbria but he will put you in touch with the right person at the uni so you can work directly with them

Thank Post
    I solved it and had it up and running last term Hecate, including getting the Free SSL Certifcate using the stuff on here for that.

We filled a form in for CLEO and sent it off and it then got actioned and sorted before the end of term.

Thank Post
    |I should pay more attention to dates before I reply - I only just found the CLEO forum and it was the first day of term

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread