+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
CLEO Thread, ANME - NW Network Managers Meeting 02 - 6th November in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); We're planning the next NM meeting for Thursday 6th November. Venue to be confirmed, but Park Hall are getting the ...
    Thank Post

ANME - NW Network Managers Meeting 02 - 6th November

We're planning the next NM meeting for Thursday 6th November.

Venue to be confirmed, but Park Hall are getting the wifi sorted, so we're hoping to hold it there again.

It'll be free to Network Managers again, and lunch & refreshments will be provided again too...

We'll do invitations via EventBrite again nearer the time.

Visit ANME - Association of Network Managers in Education for more information about joining!

2. 9 Thanks to RichCowell:

Cache (7th July 2014), ellsandell (27th July 2014), Embazzy (7th November 2014), Ephelyon (22nd August 2014), GrumbleDook (26th August 2014), jhothersall (7th July 2014), nwblue (14th July 2014), Steven_Cleaver (9th July 2014), WithoutMotive (9th July 2014)

Thank Post
    Just thought I'd bump this for anyone who didn't see it before the summer...

We're always accepting new members, and things are going really well for this next meeting in November...

If you have a look through the feedback on our website (ANME Meeting 01) or in the old thread ANME - Network Managers Meet here from the last meeting, you'll see they're worth coming along to...

Thank Post

Cool Many thanks ANME!

Many thanks to ANME for my awesome tablet from the Membership Referral Competition!

IMG_20140818_134810.jpg

Looking forward to the next meeting. see you all there!

SLS_

5. 2 Thanks to SLS_:

RichCowell (5th September 2014), ticker (22nd August 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,573 Times in 1,789 Posts
    *sigh
    Why in the same place? If there aren't enough Southern members to have an input into meetings etc then, sorry, but what is the point?
    We already suffer because edugeek meetings are up North and BETT is in London which is marginally better but not good.
    I really hoped this might be something for those of us south of Watford gap but it is increasingly looking unlikely
    I don't mean to be harsh but the idea of an NM group is to alleviate my solo status was great and having meetings of like minded people was a lovely thought
    Last edited by witch; 22nd August 2014 at 11:50 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    *sigh
    Why in the same place? If there aren't enough Southern members to have an input into meetings etc then, sorry, but what is the point?
    We already suffer because edugeek meetings are up North and BETT is in London which is marginally better but not good.
    I really hoped this might be something for those of us south of Watford gap but it is increasingly looking unlikely
    I don't mean to be harsh but the idea of an NM group is to alleviate my solo status was great and having meetings of like minded people was a lovely thought
    There aren't quite enough southern members yet, but we're working on it... We're hoping to get the next one organised in Oxford, which - although not exactly local still - it will be more central to the members in and around Birmingham, London and on the south coast...

We're definitely planning on holding the meetings elsewhere, but need quite a lot of members before we've got enough to come to a meeting, and the numbers down south haven't changed much since the last map I sent you...

We're working on it... it's going to be a watch this space thing for a bit yet though...

Thank Post
    So...how do we get more southern members?
    I will give it some thought. Can we ask Chris to do a mailshot to all members?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RichCowell View Post
    There aren't quite enough southern members yet, but we're working on it... We're hoping to get the next one organised in Oxford, which - although not exactly local still - it will be more central to the members in and around Birmingham, London and on the south coast...
    Forgive the stupid question, but is there any point Southern lot joining currently? :O Was my understanding it's all meetings/presentations etc up North so not much use to anyone down here. In all fairness only flicked through it a little, but didn't realise you were looking to do stuff down South.

Thanks,
    Steve

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve21 View Post
    Forgive the stupid question, but is there any point Southern lot joining currently? :O Was my understanding it's all meetings/presentations etc up North so not much use to anyone down here. In all fairness only flicked through it a little, but didn't realise you were looking to do stuff down South.

Thanks,
    Steve
    That's what I said, but Rich has made the point that the more Southerners that join, the more likely it is that we will have meets down South - so the more people we can get in to ANME, the better. There is hopefully going to be a meet at Oxford which is pretty local to you

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,858 Times in 1,152 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This is the regular problem we had with the initial conferences. Interest in the East Midlands, London and North West coincided with people available to organise and get things running. Unfortunately (at the time) we struggled with anything down Bristol or further to the South West ... and it was not for want of me or @russdev trying.

Hopefully, Rich and co have the support of members down that way now and can get something sorted.

Best of luck with it.

12. Thanks to GrumbleDook from:

RichCowell (28th August 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    This is the regular problem we had with the initial conferences. Interest in the East Midlands, London and North West coincided with people available to organise and get things running. Unfortunately (at the time) we struggled with anything down Bristol or further to the South West ... and it was not for want of me or @russdev trying.

Hopefully, Rich and co have the support of members down that way now and can get something sorted.

Best of luck with it.
    Thanks :-) things have gone really well up here in the north west so far, and we're keen to help promote it in new areas, definitely those farther afield, and do more in those areas too... it's not going to be a quick thing, but one we'll look forward to developing and growing as the members grow...

Thank Post
    Invitations went out to members last week - still a few places left...

More info on our website: Meeting 02 | Association of Network Managers in Education ANME

I ordered the freebies on Monday too... All free for members!

Thank Post
    Looking forward to the 2nd meeting the first was really useful and freebies are always good!!
    This is the only time we get to mix with other education Network Managers who understand the constraints we have in an education environment.
    Recommend it to anyone who can get to the venue.

16. 2 Thanks to nwblue:

RichCowell (23rd October 2014), ticker (29th October 2014)

Thank Post
    Looking forward to a 2nd meeting - the challenge is to have it as good as the first, which was great! Definitely worth the time out of the office

18. 2 Thanks to kathabell:

RichCowell (23rd October 2014), ticker (29th October 2014)

Thank Post
    Well I have many freebies to give away for the Southern guys - if we get to have a meeting. @RichCowell did you speak to the Dorset County guy I put you in touch with?

20. Thanks to witch from:

RichCowell (23rd October 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Well I have many freebies to give away for the Southern guys - if we get to have a meeting. @RichCowell did you speak to the Dorset County guy I put you in touch with?
    I emailed at the time, but not heard back, I'll email again and make sure he received it...

Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast