cannot get appstore through our proxy with lightspeed even tho it worked before. seems apple is telling our ipads to download apps from other devices in other schools inside the lancashire network even tho those ips are inaccessible.
Going to make the guest network proxyless so people can get apps that way.
Anyone managed to get it setup so that a user can override the blocking ?
I tried doing this Creating Overrides - Lightspeed Systems Rocket -Lightspeed's Support Wiki
which got me to here
but when I tried to login just got this
Sorry, the requested site is not accessible.
Please login to the web filter form more options. Login
So much stuff is blocked so I need a method for teachers to easily unblock as its severely impacting teaching at the momentPlease Login...
There are no end user authentication sources defined.
Nightmare having to do this across 6 schools!
Last edited by SimpleSi; 18th March 2014 at 10:31 AM.
At a guess you would have to go to administration and add an authentication source of local database but I bet this would either break everything completely or mean everyone will have to log on with the username and password. Either way I probably wouldn't attempt it at this stage.
Personally, I find the reporting a bit of a pain. Before you select the criteria for the report you want it has already started a default report, this means you can end up waiting hours for a report.
Another issue surfaced today
At one school, the sec checks national lottery (something to do with PTFA or something) and its blocked under gambling and there doesn't seem to be any way of unblocking it that I can find Home | The National Lottery - home of Lotto, EuroMillions and Instant Wins
Is this true?
It doen't make a lot of sense since other lottery sites are not classed as gambling but my point is that surely in this day and age, a school should be able to unblock something like this on an admin only network.
Has anyone else managed to get the 'Blocked Search Keywords' option working?
There are currently 3 'lists' created, a staff one - assigned to the Admin network, a student one - assigned to the Curric network and a global one - assigned to Admin and Curric.
I set the word 'carrot' (thought it was a more neutral word than 'porn' when testing) to be blocked in all 3 lists, but everyone can still search for carrot...
Don't know if it's just something that I've missed...
Just tried it on our student list and it works
I created a new list with word carrot in it and then in rule sets-students - search engines - just below the main box - you have to tick to select the list you've created
Laugh is if you search for carrotsex - it doesn't filter it
Its same for us :\
I tell a lie. Iíve just done a keyword test on the word SKY and it then blocks sky.com
It's weird, it seems to work for students but not staff. I guess it's not so bad, but it would be handy for it to work across the board.
Just had a person call into the school I'm at today to see if we'd like to buy any "Lightspeed Training" - bursar sent em away
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)