+ Post New Thread
CLEO Thread, Sophos Not updating since 25/2/14 in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); Seems that Sophos has stopped updating again. Going through the motions it seems to be caused by this issue: A ...
    Thank Post

Sophos Not updating since 25/2/14

Seems that Sophos has stopped updating again.

Going through the motions it seems to be caused by this issue: A child update manager shows the error 'Threat detection data update failed'

I have emailed OCL letting them know it seems to be effecting a large number of schools.

Thank Post
    spotted today as well that it you've used their admin or curric standalone installers from the county site (sophos.lancsngfl.ac.uk) it has the proxy.lancsngfl.ac.uk proxy set so they'll stop working with the change to lightspeed, I wonder if they've thought of that!

Thank Post
    HAHAHA no...

We are updating Enterprise Console without using the proxy and it still fails so I'm not sure whats going on.

Thank Post
    No problems here not going via proxy. You using the correct subscription? Screenshot.jpg

Thank Post
    @jhothersall, as far as I am aware.

I'm updating from http://sophos2.lancsngfl.ac.uk/ with the correct username and password and I'm subscribed to "reccomended - for computers..."

I should say this is at at least 10 schools if not more

Thank Post
    @Arcath

I noticed this with ours last week, We have exactly the same problem. I have an email from OCL stating that it is a known problem, and that they were working with Sophos to find a fix. The ETA on the fix was the end of last week.

Thank Post
    Not working here either ... :-( Now

Thank Post
    Response from One Connect Limited ICT Services

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, we have confirmed with Sophos that the problem child sites are having is indeed that referenced in the Sophos KB - A child update manager shows the error 'Threat detection data update failed'

Currently the Central Sophos server is running enterprise console version 5.1 , this has been the case since July 2013, and has been successfully serving updates to child enterprise consoles whether they are version 5.1 or 5.2.

Sophos have unexpectedly changed this compatibility between mis-matched console versions, now requiring downstream child servers to be on the same version as the central one.

Currently all school sites that are running Enterprise Console 5.2 will be seeing this error, and not updating correctly, sites using Enterprise Console 5.1 (which we believe are the majority of sites) will be working correctly.

All sites running Enterprise Console 5.2 will need to follow the instructions in the Sophos KB article linked above, updates will then function correctly.

The long term solution is for One Connect Limited to upgrade the central server to the latest release from Sophos.

We need to manage this upgrade carefully to ensure all sites continue to receive updates after the upgrade, if we were to simply update to 5.2 now then all the child sites running 5.1 would stop updating as they would then be mismatched.

Schools will be informed via the portal when this upgrade is taking place to ensure you can plan to upgrade your installation of Sophos enterprise console in line with the central one getting upgraded.

Thank you

9. Thanks to jsmith001 from:

JezR (18th March 2014)

Thank Post
    Fixed thank you

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread