+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
CLEO Thread, No AD Filtering with Lightspeed for now in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cache View Post
    I would love to be able to take this stance, however I can't justify £5k-£10k a year more for an equivelent connection which is all that is stopping me at the moment....
    Really? More? I've saved around 50% by moving away .. What connection do you have currently?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soveryapt View Post
    Really? More? I've saved around 50% by moving away .. What connection do you have currently?
    Most of my primaries are in none FTTC areas, to get a 10Mb connection like the one they have now they would need to get more than one leased line which causes the cost to rocket up. We've had a couple of schools in FTTC areas get other connections that are a lot faster and a lot cheaper.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcath View Post
    Most of my primaries are in none FTTC areas, to get a 10Mb connection like the one they have now they would need to get more than one leased line which causes the cost to rocket up. We've had a couple of schools in FTTC areas get other connections that are a lot faster and a lot cheaper.
    Ah, I see .. have you considered Radio Links? I can highly recommended Boundless Comms (Boundless Superfast Broadband) - I use their service myself at my house. They don't currently have an educational facility (i.e. with filtering and all that jazz) but they are investigation options at the moment as they've had a number of people ask them about it.

You can get an idea of the areas they can currently cover here .. Coverage

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We are currently on a 100meg CLEO installed fiber. Dropping to a 50meg link on a bt installed connection (even provided by someone like Schools Broadband) would still cost us around £5k more then we are currently paying to OCL. There is only one possibility of matching the OCL price currently and it's dependant on a number of different parties to work making it difficult. Other companies such as Virgin Media when I've gone through various suppliers I've got have come back and refused to quote because there is no access point close enough for them to make it viable.

Problems of being in such a rural area.
    Last edited by Cache; 18th March 2014 at 06:01 PM.

Thank Post
    We are currently on a 100meg CLEO installed fiber. Dropping to a 50meg link on a bt installed connection (even provided by someone like Schools Broadband) would still cost us around £5k more then we are currently paying to OCL. There is only one possibility of matching the OCL price currently and it's dependant on a number of different parties to work making it difficult. Other companies such as Virgin Media when I've gone through various suppliers I've got have come back and refused to quote because there is no access point close enough for them to make it viable.

Problems of being in such a rural area.
    Eurgh .. Might be worth (I know the coverage map is primarily Lancashire) contacting someone like Boundless (see my previous post) to see whether they have an option as they do FTTM (Mast) options, so may possibly be able to do something, but it all depends on what cost you're paying for that fibre line from OCL. I don't suppose (thinking out loud) you're anywhere near the B4RN project are you (b4rn.org.uk) as that could be another option, though I think they're more North Lancashire than Cumbria.

Thank Post
    If you put your logo (required) on the custom access page its included from http://IP_OF_FILTER and not https://filter.... so chrome has issues with the httpsnessness of the page. #JustOCLThings

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Eurgh .. Might be worth (I know the coverage map is primarily Lancashire) contacting someone like Boundless (see my previous post) to see whether they have an option as they do FTTM (Mast) options, so may possibly be able to do something, but it all depends on what cost you're paying for that fibre line from OCL. I don't suppose (thinking out loud) you're anywhere near the B4RN project are you (b4rn.org.uk) as that could be another option, though I think they're more North Lancashire than Cumbria.
    We're not really close enough unfortunately.

I'm resigned to the fact that we are going to be with OCL for a while longer, having said that however I've just looked at the connecting cumbria site and our exchange upgrade date has been brought forward to by the end of 2014 instead of end of 2015 now so that is looking more promising...

Thank Post
    We're not really close enough unfortunately.

I'm resigned to the fact that we are going to be with OCL for a while longer, having said that however I've just looked at the connecting cumbria site and our exchange upgrade date has been brought forward to by the end of 2014 instead of end of 2015 now so that is looking more promising...
    Fingers crossed for that one then - hopefully you'll know for sure before the 31st December so you can hand notice if needs be ..

Thank Post
    Contacted OCL today as in my last post I was told it was going to be a couple of weeks but alas todays reply:

Unfortunately we have no news with regards to this as of yet.
    I live in fear now that OCL are going to announce that they have made a better AD filtering system working with lightspeed that mirrors the basic service of the NED instead of the service we use now with the lightspeed AD filtering.

Thank Post
    ITS FINALY WORKING!!!

Come in today and my test machine is now authenticating by itself with the lightspeed agent! Deployed it out to the entire site and its working a treat on every machine to get it so far.

You need to set the ID_SERVER to filter.education.btlsl.co.uk this can be done either with a transform file on the MSI or a GPP registry setting.

Thank Post
    Where do you get this agent from ?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Where do you get this agent from ?
    Agents and Downloads | Lightspeed Systems Community Site

You will need a login, the heads/bursars at my schools are getting them sent over at the moment.

13. Thanks to Arcath from:

ChrisH (22nd April 2014)

Thank Post
    Hmm the log says:

04/22/14 11:06:11.0321 | [IDENT] OnIdentifyLogonUser: Successfully reported user information to Identification Server (filter.education.btlsl.co.uk)
    04/22/14 11:08:00.0120 | [!] Update: Error 404 downloading update package info => http://filter.education.btlsl.co.uk/...update_x64.md5
    04/22/14 11:26:40.0317 | [IDENT] Session change: WTS_SESSION_LOCK; SessionID=1
    04/22/14 11:36:00.0439 | [IDENT] SendHeartbeat: Successfully reported user information to Identification Server (filter.education.btlsl.co.uk)
    04/22/14 11:59:57.0006 | [IDENT] Session change: WTS_SESSION_UNLOCK; SessionID=1
    Which apart from the update error tells me it got my username successfully but this doesn't seem to have been picked up by my browser (IE 11/Chrome Windows 8).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Hmm the log says:

Which apart from the update error tells me it got my username successfully but this doesn't seem to have been picked up by my browser (IE 11/Chrome Windows 8).
    Odd, I just deployed it to another site and its fine here.

Is it still saying Unknown User in the top left of the block page?
    What does the Identification History report say?

Thank Post
    I am having an issue where my authentication source is school.local but the agent is reporting as SCHOOL\user to fix it you have to change your authentication source to SCHOOL and then replace all your assignments.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast