+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
CLEO Thread, Fustrated with the lack of OCL broadband SIMS SLA for this year in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); Am I the only one who is frustrated with the apparent slowness of OCL getting the SLA pricing sent out ...
    Thank Post

Fustrated with the lack of OCL broadband SIMS SLA for this year

Am I the only one who is frustrated with the apparent slowness of OCL getting the SLA pricing sent out . Does anyone out there have their OCL SLA for this year yet?

I get the impression that its going to be astronomical that's why they are holding on to it until the very last possible second so you cant get rid of them. I know that they have extended the date to the end of Jan if you want to leave them. That's not really any good as it can take up to 90 days to get a new line put in.

Can anyone shed any light on If you leave them after April say in the summer is there a cancellation fee? and do you get refunded for the months not used.

At present we as a school feel we are being held to ransom by OCL does any one else feel like that

Thank Post
    Think you may be in for a long wait, wasn't it about May last year...

Thank Post
    They've (OCL) been told by schools forums that Schools who want to leave have to be able to make an informed choice so they have to have their SLA hence the Jan extension, I would hope that schools would then have it by this date. If your inet connection is on a BT Openreach Circuit, it shouldn't be a big job to swap it off the CLEO LLU and onto the new providers kit. If it needs a new line in then get one ordered ASAP! it's only a about 100 - 200 ish annually for a BT line

Thank Post
    Sammy 42 you cant just leave at any point in the contract now. in the new SLA for 2013/2014 they added this little nugget.

'The rolling contract no longer applies where you can give 90 days' notice at any time'

They did say new pricing was going to be available in December roll on sometime in April.

We have already made the decision to move and sent the termination notice at the start of December, and looking at the twitter feed of the company we went with we weren't the only school in Lancashire to go with them and move away from OCL.

Thank Post
    Hi sammy42, in the new SLA for 14/15 you can give notice anytime, however, my insider sources tell me that they are going to insist on 12 months notice!! and no, they wont give you a refund even if they dont provide you with your SLA until May!! I would suggest that, if you are even considering leaving then hand your notice in before the end of January.
    If you pm me Ill give you the info of the company we went with

6. Thanks to Leylass2001 from:

sammy42 (20th January 2014)

Thank Post
    just a question, with all these schools moving away from OCL for internet etc when does it become unfeasible for them to run the current system. Do they have a legal obligation to provide these kind of services to schools etc or are they going to turn around and just say sort yourself out?

Thank Post
    Interesting question, I should imagine though they'll need to loose the 800 odd schools they have for that to happen, especially as after the network convergence project both schools and council share the same infrastructure now

Thank Post
    OCL what a way to run a business. I have queried them again about when this important document is coming out. its not as if its small change last years bill was over 30K and still they can t tell me in fact here is their reply.

Firstly, thank you for your feedback. I have had no further updates on the SLA prices so far unfortunately, so cannot give you an update. I am aware that this is frustrating for schools, as it is for us.

We will update schools as soon as we can, so pleased keep an eye on the Connect2Education School Portal.

Thank god SLT said we can leave them. I feel sorry for the primary schools we support who are trapped in to using this shower.

sdj

Thank Post
    The Primaries needn't feel they are trapped in. There are a few local companies out there who will look after the schools and help them with their transition so that it isn't too painful. A few have ex-Westfield people on hand to assist and they are only too happy to help and give advice.

Thank Post
    Announced this morning on BBC NW News Lancashire County Council are to debate pulling the plug on One connect Limited. Lets hope this is the start of the nails in the coffin for this company. Lets hope it happens. And the replacement company who every they be provide a better service to the schools of Lancashire.
    Last edited by sammy42; 24th January 2014 at 08:20 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sammy42 View Post
    Announced this morning on BBC NW News Lancashire County Council are to debate pulling the plug on One connect Limited. Lets hope this is the start of the nails in the coffin for this company. Lets hope it happens. And the replacement company who every they be provide a better service to the schools of Lancashire.
    I was queried about this, but couldn't find any info. I know that a few people in OCL are being investigated, but this arrived in my inbox this morning with some questions like how is it going to affect us etc.

Thank Post
    update LEP Headline its all over the paper one connect going BT staying

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Form OCL account manager this afternoon after sending our schools cancellation notice

Please also note, the new 2014/15 pricing will be released this week, we apologise for the delay but as you may already be aware there has been ongoing discussions regarding the BT partnership which has been highlighted in the local press.

I wont hold my breath on that one or even seeing it. although it would be good to see it out of curiosity.
    Last edited by sammy42; 27th January 2014 at 02:57 PM.

Thank Post
    If anyone gets the new SLA and prices then please could they PM me them as soon as I get them, as I don't always get them passed to me - especially the prices.

Thank you

17. Thanks to darrenmcginnis from:

jhothersall (28th January 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast