+ Post New Thread
CLEO Thread, Ustream in CLEO Land in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); I tried using UStream for a chickcam and it didn't work - setup fine, seems to work but just got ...

Thank Post

Ustream in CLEO Land

I tried using UStream for a chickcam and it didn't work - setup fine, seems to work but just got sound with no video when trying to watch it back.

Now, I didn't expect it to work as I expected CLEO to be blocking something but am I fooling myself - should it work - anyone in CLEO land ever got it going?

regards
    Simon

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quick look suggests it might be worth requesting port 1935 to be opened to allow RTMP streaming.

I've recently had it opened to allow streams to come in (cumbrian school) but used Akamai Flash Support Player to test whether 1935 was blocked or open. Might be worth testing to see whether the port is already open or not and if not, popping a request in to try it?

Thank Post
    Quick look suggests it might be worth requesting port 1935 to be opened to allow RTMP streaming.
    I wouldn't wast my time on the phone call to our Sith branch - they'd be laughing about it all day long - OPEN A PORT

Si

Thank Post
    I've requested to open ports with one connect recently, they are not too bad once you speak to a techie. Ask for the call to be logged and put through to the "Infrastructure Team"

Thank Post
    I used Ustream last year it worked sort of as in connected but we seemed to suffer from a lot of packet loss. I have a hosted server so I am probably looking at running a Shoutcast server on that running on an accessible port. Ps you really need to watch the fine print on the UStream terms and you are only allowed so many listeners and you will get charged if you go over that.
    Last edited by ChrisH; 13th March 2013 at 11:19 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    I wouldn't wast my time on the phone call to our Sith branch - they'd be laughing about it all day long - OPEN A PORT

Si
    I had to deal direct with One Connect too and it was suprisingly painless to get this one processed (logged about 10 am, call closed by lunch)

Supposedly there is a form or a shopping basket or some such thing on the lancs schools portal for requesting such things, but being in cumbria I'm not allowed access to such interesting things.....

Edit: Found an email which was sent to help for something else but it was an internal LCC link so I still wasn't allowed access, try looking for the Order from Catalog link on the left hand side of the Connect2ICT website
    Last edited by Cache; 13th March 2013 at 08:49 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread