+ Post New Thread
CLEO Thread, Anyone else experiencing issues with NED Filtering on AD? in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); We noticed the other night (just before I left so I'm looking into it now) that the pupils are able ...
    Thank Post

Anyone else experiencing issues with NED Filtering on AD?

We noticed the other night (just before I left so I'm looking into it now) that the pupils are able to access YouTube, which was (and still should be as I've not changed anything) Blocked via the NED Box for the Student security group.

The other thing I've noticed is things like eBay that should be blocked for all bar a few people is now accessible to all. It would seem that the NED Box just isn't passing the filtering rules correctly. It's doing my nut a little bit (more through the number of staff who keep coming to me saying "is YouTube not working" knowing full well its not as I've been asked to block it back up again).

I've raised an interaction with the "wonderful" OneConnect, but to be honest, it takes about 3 days for that to appear on their system and another week or so (with a bit of prompting by myself) to actually get a response from them, so I thought I'd see if anyone else is experiencing this, therefore it might be an issue with the NED box, or if not, I know to dig deeper here to find out if there is a little setting that I've randomly changed and unknowingly allowed all this to happen.

Thanks
    Andy T

Thank Post
    GAH! DNS issues in the school. Tracked it back when I looked at the output of the http://wwwcache.cleo.net.uk script and realised it wasn't finding the NED Box and giving them proxy direct access instead. Permanent A Record added to DNS now to point the NED FQDN to it's IP Address.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread