+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Classified Adverts Thread, 1979 Chevy Lowrider in Purchasing and Trading; ...
    Thank Post

1979 Chevy Lowrider

1979 Chevrolet Montecarlo Lowrider for Sale

For sale is my much loved Lowrider Iíve owned it for about 4 years and its time to sell to fund a new lowrider project, this car its absolutely amazing and everybody loves it wherever it goes it pains me to sell it but I just cant afford to have 2 Lowriders in the family aswell as looking after my wifeís beetle project.

The Car

Well itís a 1979 Chevrolet Montecarlo its has a 5 litre v8 and its automatic with column shift so you car 3 people in the front and 3 people in the back, Red interior which is in very good condition considering the age of the car it has no rips or tears, though some of the panels are faded from the Arizona heat, it has power windows and power steering. Iíve fitted a chain steering wheel for the lowrider look but if that isnít your thing it could be replaced with an original which are easily obtainable. Comes with 12 Months MOT passed on Thursday the 12th I just replaced a ball joint and put new front pads on, the car sits on 14Ē All Chrome wire wheels some spokes are a bit rusty but most will polish off with a bit of autosol with nearly new continental tyres with a big stretch. It was re-sprayed in Metalic green last year which shines so nice in the sun you have to wear shades just to look at it! The door shuts are white, in the 4 years Iíve owned it the car and never failed to start and shifts into all gears without a problem and no nasty noises. Sometimes the ride is abit rough so Iíve fitted accumulators to the rear to soften the ride when cruising (like the ones fitted to CitroŽn and Bentley suspension) everything works as it should lights have been adjusted for UK use. The rear lights could do with replacing cosmetically as you will see in the pictures the trim is damaged but are completely road legal.

The Hydraulics

The car rides on hydraulics obviously, powered by 4 12v Truck batteries wired in series for 48volts with 2 Black magic all chrome hydraulics pumps with 14 inch cylinders in the back and 8 inch chrome cylinders up front. The Switch box is wired for front up and down, back up and down, and you can lower both rears individually to make the car roll on 3 wheels the switchbox could be wired so it could control each corner separately Iíve just never bothered with this.

The hydraulics pumps are in perfect condition and well looked after as are the batteries they are like new. The chrome on the pumps is perfect and polish up really nice.

The not so good bits

The Exhaust is blowing on the joint where the V comes down its been like this ever since I owned the car never got any worse. The paintjob was just a blow over so there are some paint imperfections and orange peel effect on the car but the car still looks stunning and polishes up really nice, If you was looking for an all out show and shine car the car will need re-spraying though once you use the hydraulics at shows nobody notices the paint. The windscreen is scratched from the windscreen wiper again this has always been like this and never bothered me really. Could do with some new rear light lenses cosmetically. The wheels need a good polish and the Drivers door needs new door pins this is a common item on these old yanks as the doors weight a tonne they are very cheap and easy to fit just means you have to slam the door a bit at the moment. All the problems stated donít affect the usability car in anyway and are reflected in the price.

Anyway enough of me rambling here are some pictures of the car mainly from modified live car show 2 months ago where it won BEST LOWRIDER the car hasnít changed since so Iíts how it stands right now and Iím sure you will agree itís a real head turner! every time you turn around somebody else will be taking pictures or asking you to Ďmake it moveí it really is unbelievable the amount of attention this car attracts which is why Iím going to be sad to see it go.

Call or text me on (Chris) 07595911136 for any more info or to arrange a viewing or test drive any evening or weekend.

Ive had to remove some pictures of the car as they have promo girls not wearing very much in them so I will try and get some better pics soon

This is the car at its lowest settings front cross member is about 5mm off the floor

Here is the rear at nearly full height

Needs a Clean

Americana 2008 Just after it was painted

This is the only picture I have of the pumps and batts unfortunately its quite old and taken in the dark its alot more tidy now ill update this picture soon

£3500 is the price and worth every penny

TheLibrarian
    EMERGENCY! SOMEONE GIVE ME £3500 NOW!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    WOW WOW WOW love it

TheLibrarian
    Simon, if I order a 5m Cat5e patch cable, can you drop £3500 in with the order please?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLibrarian View Post
    Simon, if I order a 5m Cat5e patch cable, can you drop £3500 in with the order please?

Thank Post
    I like alot but i only recently brought a new car...DAMN!!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EvLPhenom View Post
    I like alot but i only recently brought a new car...DAMN!!!
    Who said you cant have 2 cars lol

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Does Huggy Bear come free with it?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Wonder if i need my liver and kidneys?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnantonnix View Post
    Look everyone - first sighting of Chris_in_notts!
    Is he growing something in his hat?

Thank Post
    Why does the 3rd photo have a different plate on it? Cut and shut?! hehe

Thank Post
    Hmm if I don't eat for 2 months.... then I might just have enough

Out of interest how did you value it? I would of said it was worth a lot more... as american muscle is much loved and looking at the classic car add's they seem to go for £££££
    Last edited by mossj; 18th November 2009 at 02:37 PM.

Thank Post
    Ive had to remove some pictures of the car as they have promo girls not wearing very much in them so I will try and get some better pics soon

Now thats just plain wrong.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ICT_GUY View Post

Now thats just plain wrong.
    agreed, im sure you can host away from here but supply a link lol

Thank Post
    The car is worth more but ive got a car I'd like to buy in america to import and to get the ball rolling I need to sell this one unfortunately, so its priced to sell even if I am throwing money away!

Ill get a link to some better pics of the car later hopefully off the website im currently trying to make with my good friend rush_tech

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information