+ Post New Thread
Classified Adverts Thread, 19" inch 800mm deep rack cabinet in Purchasing and Trading; I am after a 800mm deep (or deeper) 19" rack mount cabinet. Preferably around 9U height but may consider bigger ...

Thank Post

19" inch 800mm deep rack cabinet

I am after a 800mm deep (or deeper) 19" rack mount cabinet.
    Preferably around 9U height but may consider bigger if the price is good.

I am located near Bath but can travel 60 miles to get one if need be.

P.M. me if you have one of know of one I can buy.

Thank Post
    I have a 9U cabinet that you can have for free. Problem is I'm located in Kent. I'm not sure how deep it is mind you, but if you do want it then I'll measure it and let you know.

I'll have a second one of them in August when we re-organise yet more cabling in the building.

Mike.

Thank Post
    Very interested.

Please can you measure the depth of it?

Where in Kent are you?
    What condition is it in?
    Does it have all its sides and door? (keys?)
    Does it come with rails?

Many thanks.

Rue.

Thank Post
    it's in good condition, has the door and I'm sure I can find a key for it (it's a pretty universal cabinet key)

I'm in Canterbury in Kent. I've had a couple of interested people, but no one has definitely confirmed they are picking it up yet, so first come first served. I'll measure the depth tomorrow as I'm not sure how deep it is.

It really needs to go by July 1st at the latest, as that's when the rest of the gear I'm recycling gets disposed of, and the store room it's in needs to be empty by then as it's being converted into yet another office!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    the store room it's in needs to be empty by then as it's being converted into yet another office!
    Sounds like our place, they convery small cupboards and unused toilets to make offices

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    Sounds like our place, they convery small cupboards and unused toilets to make offices
    Tell me about it! I'm not that bothered at losing the store room thou, as it's helped de-clutter my depertment - there was an awful lot of rubbish stored up from the last 5 years of ICT in the school. I don't think a single thing had ever been thrown out! It's not going to make a very nice office, as there's still the CCTV recorders in there in a cabinet and a large network wiring cabinet all making a lot of noise, so I think we'll end up getting it back at some point. It just means there's no where for big deliveries when they arrive, but we'll manage.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    Tell me about it! I'm not that bothered at losing the store room thou, as it's helped de-clutter my depertment - there was an awful lot of rubbish stored up from the last 5 years of ICT in the school. I don't think a single thing had ever been thrown out! It's not going to make a very nice office, as there's still the CCTV recorders in there in a cabinet and a large network wiring cabinet all making a lot of noise, so I think we'll end up getting it back at some point. It just means there's no where for big deliveries when they arrive, but we'll manage.
    yeah i could do with sorting out our storage area (under the stage) it appears to be getting very crammed, mainly full of old servers in which we have been able to remove from cabinets as i virtualised alot of it. we have some more space in our comms room now which gives me some space to breath but it does get filled with large deliverys. oh the joy!

Good fun though, one of the jobs for the summer i think if i can find a spare day lol

But i still love the fact how schools convert anything they can get their hands on, so it can be used as an office! with the amount it costs to clear it all out, plaster etc they could just put a mobile building somewhere! (ok maybe thats more expensive) but who cars better than a sticking toilet or cupboard

anyway i'll shh now i am slowly taking this OT

Thank Post
    Still very interested. I know Canterbury quite well; my brother went to University there.

If you can find out the measurements I can give you a definite yes/no.

I am going to Leicester on Saturday and so would be going down from Leicester to Canterbury on Sunday, probably arriving around 4pm. Does this sound OK?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by madrue View Post
    Still very interested. I know Canterbury quite well; my brother went to University there.

If you can find out the measurements I can give you a definite yes/no.

I am going to Leicester on Saturday and so would be going down from Leicester to Canterbury on Sunday, probably arriving around 4pm. Does this sound OK?
    Just measured it, it's a bit smaller than you were after at only 420mm deep from the brackets to the back of the cabinet. The rails could be moved forward a bit, although you wouldn't have any room for wiring if you did that.

You are more than welcome to it and would be fine to pick it up Sunday afternoon if you wanted it.

I'll PM you a phone number.

Mike.

coquet636
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    Errrrr my office is an ex-toilet..... not toilets left but still got tiles On the wall and a sink hidden behind a bookcase....

Thank Post
    That's far too small. I feel I am going to have a difficulty finding one second hand.

Thank you none the less.

Thank Post

rack

Do you still have this rack, I am loking for one cheap as well, and the depth is not an issue, also I am only in Maidstone, and have access to a large SUV

Thank Post
    It's gone in the skip I'm afraid, got rid of 2 of them - couldn't find homes for either of them.

Mike.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread