Hey all,
Firstly, I apologise if I am not allowed to link to eBay or sell things here so site admins please remove this if it breaks the rules or is in the right place! I did read the FAQ etc but couldnt find something saying I couldnt

Secondly, I have a laptop for sale!

This listing is live on eBay and can be found here

Thanks,
Ben

Dell XPS M1730 | INTEL Core 2 DUO 2.40 | 4GB RAM | NVIDIA 8700M GT x 2 | XPS Bag

Here we have my reliable workhorse, I have had this laptop since new and it has been a huge part of my life, I can’t believe I am selling it! However, needs must.

Item is in full working order and all plastics etc are in good condition. There are slight wear marks here and there but looking at it now I can’t notice them.

This XPS M1730 comes with Dual nVidia 8700M GT’s in SLI which are capable of playing even the most modern games. I use this to play Borderlands 2, Hitman Revolution etc… It also has a dedicated ageia PhysX card, although finding games that make use of this is becoming hard. It has a 17” Widescreen WUXGA UltraSharp LCD Screen which runs at 1920x1080. This provides an amazingly sharp picture on screen which I have not been able to recreate on any other laptop.
It has 4GB (2x2GB) Crucial PC2-6400 RAM and uses Intel’s Mobile Core 2 Duo T8300 CPU running at 2.40GHz. I am also selling the Dell XPS bag which was bought with the laptop.

A bit of background on this machine;
As I mentioned earlier I bought this from new and have been looking after it ever since. All services and repairs have been done through Dell who sent engineers out to fix. I have used this machine for gaming (the Logitech LCD screen is used in gaming, very useful!), photo editing, music production (there are dual headset jacks on the side, really useful if you are broadcasting and cueing up at the same time!) and as a workhorse for my Virtual Machines. Whilst working on a test suite I had 3 servers and 3 workstations running in VmWare on this machine, yes it wasn’t blisteringly fast, but it coped. I have been dual booting with 2 HDD’s, I will only be selling one drive with this machine though. It has gigabit Ethernet (LAN) and an Intel Wireless N chip. I am fairly sure it has the capability of using a SIM card for mobile internet, but I have never tried. It has built in Bluetooth which I use with my Bluetooth headset and mouse to minimise wires. The Dell XPS bag has enabled me to move this machine between work sites very easily.

Known issues;

· Battery no longer holds charge – I have tried another battery from a similar system and this charges, I just never got round to replacing mine.

· Marks on base where I have used it on a cooling pad (see pics)

Please browse through the specifications below and have a look through the photos. Any questions, feel free to ask.

I will provide a Driver Disk

Specifications;

Make/Model
Dell XPS M1730
Processor
INTEL Core 2 Duo T8300 @ 2.40 GHz
Memory
4GB (2x2GB) Crucial PC2-6400 (400MHz)
Storage
200GB 2.5” SATA Seagate Momentus 7200 (room for another)
Graphics
nVidia GeForce 8700M GT 256MB x 2 in SLI
Screen
17” WUXGA 1920x1080, 60Hz
Network
Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit LAN

Intel WiFi 4965 802.11a,b,g,n

Dell Bluetooth 335
CD/DVD
Toshiba TS-L632 8xDVD±RW DL Drive
O/S
Windows Vista Home Premium (OEM)