+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Budgets and Expenditure Thread, Northamptonshire Pay and Benefits Review- 2011 in School Administration; Hi All, Not sure which forum to post on so admin feel free to move this thread if required. I ...

Thank Post

Northamptonshire Pay and Benefits Review- 2011

Hi All,

Not sure which forum to post on so admin feel free to move this thread if required.

I wanted to know if any ICT support staff have been effected by the latest pay and benefits reviews happening throughout northamptonshire schools at the momment.

From what I can tell this effects support staff within schools. It would appear most people are will be loosing money come April 2011 next year. I have heard some horror stories of where people have lost 6k p/a from there current salery!!!!!!!!

This hasnt happened at my school yet but assume will be coming. I wanted to know if any ICT Network Managers, Technicians out there have had the review and what they have come out with? I have looked on the county council website but there is no consise info on how the pay review is worked out.

To put simply- I'm pretty worried, I enjoy my job a lot but couldnt afford to loose a significant amount of cash.

Also is the decision final? I can't beleive all the various unions will take this lying down???

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Thank Post
    we have moved on to the new terms and conditions in sheffield from april I was lucky and was upgraded slightly, most IT Technicians stayed about the same with some top payed network managers lossing up to 6K, the worst hit were the part time catering staff, we recieved no pay rise for the previous year due to rejecting the offer and it was still being fought by the unions, also there was no pay rise this year due to us changing contracts, they managed to diddle us with that one some how, the unions are still working on the pay and grading process appeals process but I can't see there being much change as they told us if we didn't like the new terms and conditions we would be made redundant on the first of april if we didn't sign the new contract. I think most people gave in and signed.

Thank Post
    Where in Northamptonshire and waiting to find out here too, but we won't find out for another 2 weeks from what we've been told.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,784 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The survey set up by wagnerk on the Northants IT forum presently shows 5 people with no outcome yet (as not employed by NCC, ie foundation / trust schools), 1 person staying the same and 6 with a decrease in salary. no increases noted yet. It is hitting across the council as well.

5. 2 Thanks to GrumbleDook:

hillskill (6th July 2010), PaulCoram86 (6th July 2010)

Thank Post
    Funny how its dubbed as "fair pay for all" and yet most will be getting paid less as a result.

Been doing a bit more research into this and as you can imagine there is quite a bit of anger and outrage accross the county.

Unison are planning to set up emergency meetings in next few weeks to look at the situation.

Thank Post
    If you look it's the same across the country, all done at different times, I know here in Lancashire it's been done in the council with quite a few people loosing out. Same old story with regards to the Unions, you pay your money and get nothing back, not even help with pay reviews!!

8. Thanks to buzzard from:

hillskill (6th July 2010)

Thank Post

Lost out

Hi

We were all hit pretty hard with all of us taking a cut. Ranging from 17% to 30%. Who set these stupid pay brackets???

Thank Post
    to Karls5: Did everyone just accept the changes or did anyone appeal? I understand that if you appeal you loose the "payment protection" which protects your salery for 1 year.

All very complicated!

Thank Post
    You can accept and appeal at the same time. That's allowed. Yes we are appealing, but its a hard process got to find the IT job us and see if we match 80% or more to that try and move up. The last IT jobs which are all managers ones are in Grade I which now start at 23,000 and with the pay freeze for the next 2 years I doubt they will put any higher in the scale

Thank Post
    So assuming you are moved to the new scale that fits your job family tree- do you always start at the bottom of that scale or do you start on the same as your previous increment point?

Thank Post
    We've all been put at the top

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Well P & B finally came to my school. I have been quite lucky and placed on the grade I was expecting though my point was wrong so will have to look into that.

Other staff were not so lucky though- My site manager stands to loose 6K! Technicians also didnt do well with my senior one loosing around 4K.

Luckly our headteacher has been supportive and has encouraged anyone who has lost money to appeal but still what a headache.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,784 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What job family did you get put against in the end? Just so people can compare JDs.

Thank Post
    I was placed in Grade I which is pretty much a reflection of my current grade.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast