+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Budgets and Expenditure Thread, Northamptonshire Pay and Benefits Review- 2011 in School Administration; Do you have the job number? The idea was that people in similar / same jobs are in a job ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,814 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Do you have the job number? The idea was that people in similar / same jobs are in a job family ... that way if I go for job x at school A then job x at school B should be the same.

Thank Post
    2121- Network Manager

3. Thanks to hillskill from:

GrumbleDook (12th July 2010)

Thank Post

Angry

As a Network Manager and a Union shop steward i can't that this is going and as it appears here that no Union's have challenged this on your behalf. I am not from this area but reading this i am flabbergasted on what they are planning to do.

If you are in Union's start taking out grievances again your employer! If there was any whisper in my Local Authority i'd be going straight to the Leader of the Council (luckily enough a member of our Union).

I hope that this can be resolved fairly for you guys and girls.

David
    Last edited by davipton; 12th July 2010 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Mis-spelling

Thank Post
    This has been in the motions for over 7 years now but has only just been introduced.

Northants CC could not come to an agreement with the union BUT decided to go ahead with it anyway.

A lot of already poorly paid staff have lost lots of money.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hillskill View Post
    This has been in the motions for over 7 years now but has only just been introduced.

Northants CC could not come to an agreement with the union BUT decided to go ahead with it anyway.

A lot of already poorly paid staff have lost lots of money.
    That is disgusting!! Haven't the Union kept on at the LEA to get a fair resolution! Losing £6K is ludicrous.

Thank Post

losing pay

Yup, pretty much the entire school support staff are affected, including the entire IT department.

There's some more job numbers and union stuff here for anybody in a similar situation.

No Fair Pay NCC - Powered by XMB 1.9.11

Set up by a unison rep with a couple of the affected techies.

Quote Originally Posted by hillskill View Post
    Hi All,

Not sure which forum to post on so admin feel free to move this thread if required.

I wanted to know if any ICT support staff have been effected by the latest pay and benefits reviews happening throughout northamptonshire schools at the momment.

From what I can tell this effects support staff within schools. It would appear most people are will be loosing money come April 2011 next year. I have heard some horror stories of where people have lost 6k p/a from there current salery!!!!!!!!

This hasnt happened at my school yet but assume will be coming. I wanted to know if any ICT Network Managers, Technicians out there have had the review and what they have come out with? I have looked on the county council website but there is no consise info on how the pay review is worked out.

To put simply- I'm pretty worried, I enjoy my job a lot but couldnt afford to loose a significant amount of cash.

Also is the decision final? I can't beleive all the various unions will take this lying down???

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Thank Post
    I have been put on Grade I and 2121 was my job evaluated however I am due to loss over 7k.

9. Thanks to bjeffery from:

GrumbleDook (16th July 2010)

Thank Post
    bjeffery- do u plan to appeal?

If so, while I agree you should, on what grounds will you do it? Problem is Grade I is the highest Network Manager Job in the Job family so what would you go to?

Thank Post
    Hi, just thought I'd let everyone know that I have been classed as 1371 - Curric & Resource Support Level 4

12. Thanks to Kanin from:

GrumbleDook (16th July 2010)

Thank Post
    I take it from all these changes and loss of money that the Union(s) haven't manged to get a deal of pay protection for an amount of time?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,814 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This is not a collective agreement with the unions, Trade Union Position - Northamptonshire County Council, and at the moment the protection (should you accept it now) is for 1 year from the date of receiving your letter. Should you not accept and then not appeal then your pay is changed in April 2011 ... to be honest there is a lot to go into with this and I am not a union rep so people should look at Pay and Benefits Project - Northamptonshire County Council for all the details.

As I have also mentioned to a few people this week, I cannot organise a meeting and organise to have union representation there. I know there are union meetings this week so if you know of them it would be an idea to stick the details on here and ont he NetworkNorthants.org too ... if I am able to get to any meetings I would like to ... but I am in a similar boat to you lot.

Thank Post
    I will appeal that we are a primary and secondary - I have also found out what our cluster schools pay for support - and if i was to do take the same support with our primary school it is more than double my cut. You need to speak to unions - the offer of a 1 year pay if you accept and April if you appeal and unsuccessful is Illegal for a start and a tactic used by many companies in the hope most of the work force will sign. I will NOT be working my current job for a pay cut...

do we now all max out support contracts to make life a little easier? do we bill the school for extra support? who knows
    Last edited by bjeffery; 16th July 2010 at 10:22 PM.

Thank Post
    At my school our head has recomended that anyone who has last as a result (over 88% in my school) appeal.

The issue is that much of data used to match up jobs is out of date- ours were from 4 years ago!!! As a result many peoples jobs are now very different as are their wages.

We have been told to produce an up to date job description outlining exactly what we do now and go from there with our appeal. From my understanding you must match at 80% of the job to be classed as doing it.

I have been told that our head is quite confident appeals will be successful however i'm not so sure. Can people who have dropped several grades and lost thousands of pounds really expect to get everything back? I expect some people will loose out regardless of appeal results. :-( Bad times!

Thank Post
    I guess we will all have to go in to the private sector supporting schools and charge more!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12