Some Facts (Not Rumours) Required Regarding RM, Northgate and Redstone
We're going over to Interim Managed Services from January and it is now public that the bidders are RM, Northgate and Redstone.
Can anyone give me some FACTUAL pros and cons:
1. What happens to the Network managers?
2. What happens to creativity and development (as opposed to just having one system, hardware, software foisted upon us)?
3. What happens regarding other - not IT - jobs we do around school?
4. What about help desk (is it local to school or based in India)?
5. How much access and freedom do the remaining IT staff have?
6. How many redundancies have been made (either by economic reasons or change of conditions)?
7. What new opportunities are opended up (I don't mean moving on up the managed service provider)?
8. If there are any Network Managers left in BSF schools are they supported and allowed to stay - or are they "encouraged" to move on or up?
10. During the Interim service do things remain the same or do new systems, software and hardware get forced on us?
11. How are hours, holidays and salaries affected?
12. How are the remaining IT staff supported (local, remote only)?
13. What sort of improvement (or worsening) of service is provided by having EVERY IT call routing through a possibly foreign helpdesk?
Please note: I am looking for FACTUAL evidence and NOT hearsay - I need to reassure myself, my school, etc (or confirm the worst)