+ Post New Thread
BSF Thread, BSF and LEP - Information for Staff in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Just had a meeting with the councils HR woman, who gave us some leaflets on BSF . Going to scan ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

BSF and LEP - Information for Staff

Just had a meeting with the councils HR woman, who gave us some leaflets on BSF. Going to scan it in and put a PDF up.

Basically she said our hours could change, not much as its a school, but then if extended schools activities happen, we could be expected to give tech support there too.
    Also, it wouldn't be out of the question for us to be expected to be mobile to a certain extent. Say there are three schools in your city with BSF ICT happening, you could be in any of them on certain days, and as time goes on and BSF incorporates libraries and youth clubs etc, you could be expected to travel to them too if the LEP sees fit.

Not much was mentioned about job roles and responsibilities, or things like that, as they said they don't know that yet until the winning bidder is chosen.

Sorry the PDF isn't good quality, just scanned it quickly now. Obviously this leaflet was aimed at us, but I'm guessing a majority of it is relevant to any ICT areas being taken over.

http://www.mk2media.co.uk/bsf.pdf

Thank Post

Re: BSF and LEP - Information for Staff

Quote Originally Posted by MK-2
    Basically she said our hours could change, not much as its a school, but then if extended schools activities happen, we could be expected to give tech support there too.
    This worries me slightly....

Thank Post

Extra happy hours could be good if we get paid more don’t most of use work late anyway unpaid?

What worry’s me more are special schools are some children cannot handle people they don’t know. I don’t see a bank of IT techs sharing schools working. Special Schools need the same people around who know the kids.

Anyone know how BSG effects IT techs in special schools? Are they expecting mainstream IT techs to go into special schools?

Reading the PDF now, thanks for uploading it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Well our 'campus' is going to be made up of a primary school, secondary school and a special school. And I'm assuming we will be expected to support all.
    But I know what you mean about kids who cannot cope with major (or even minor) changes.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,738 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries

If a special school is part of the BSF bid then they buy into the exact same service as everyone else. However, the contract should state that regular staffing needs to take place with the minimum or no movement of staff. As long as that is in the contract then staff will not move around.

Most groups think that it is ok to allow staff to be moved flexibly to allow for cover on holidays and illness, but the downside is that the person may not know the school, may not know the particular setup (which is another reason why companies try to have a common build across schools) and may not be aware of specific requirements of particular schools, staff and students.

This is where documentation, policies and procedures are key ... and without the backup and support they provide you can get into real trouble.

Thank Post

information Please

Hi can anyone help, does anyone work in an RM managed service school? I would like to get an insight as to your job roll. What are you allowed to do or how does the system work.
    User accounts, software install, backup, procurement, internet monitoring, hardware fault finding etc.
    At the moment we cover all our needs at local level. But as BSF looms I need to obtain a better understanding of the bigger picture.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike-j View Post
    Hi can anyone help, does anyone work in an RM managed service school? I would like to get an insight as to your job roll. What are you allowed to do or how does the system work.
    User accounts, software install, backup, procurement, internet monitoring, hardware fault finding etc.
    At the moment we cover all our needs at local level. But as BSF looms I need to obtain a better understanding of the bigger picture.
    I don't think the RM drones are allowed to speak in Public...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    Just had a meeting with the councils HR woman, who gave us some leaflets on BSF. Going to scan it in and put a PDF up.

Also, it wouldn't be out of the question for us to be expected to be mobile to a certain extent. Say there are three schools in your city with BSF ICT happening, you could be in any of them on certain days, and as time goes on and BSF incorporates libraries and youth clubs etc, you could be expected to travel to them too if the LEP sees fit.

Not much was mentioned about job roles and responsibilities, or things like that, as they said they don't know that yet until the winning bidder is chosen.

Sorry the PDF isn't good quality, just scanned it quickly now. Obviously this leaflet was aimed at us, but I'm guessing a majority of it is relevant to any ICT areas being taken over.

http://www.mk2media.co.uk/bsf.pdf
    I keep getting a blank page ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grommit View Post
    I keep getting a blank page ...
    Ooops, sorry, forgot that that domain had expired a few months back.

http://www.apolloitsolutions.com/bsf.pdf

new link should work

Thank Post
    I note that it doesn't seem to mention pension provision - which isn't covered by TUPE - have you had any info in whether you will stay in the LGPS?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpuffMonkey View Post
    I note that it doesn't seem to mention pension provision - which isn't covered by TUPE - have you had any info in whether you will stay in the LGPS?
    Try this link for what will happen to pensions. It's a little old but I think it still pertains.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpuffMonkey View Post
    I think they said that although we wouldn't be on the LGPS, the rates would be matched as closely as possible to what is existing.
    I never looked too closely at that part as I'm not in the LGPS so it didn't relate to me at the time, sorry.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread