+ Post New Thread
BSF Thread, BSF and Private schools in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Not sure if this has been asked before ( i bet it has but i cant find anything from search) ...
    Thank Post

BSF and Private schools

Not sure if this has been asked before ( i bet it has but i cant find anything from search)

Does BSF come into play at private schools?

Thank Post

Re: BSF and Private schools

Think this post deserves a bump.

Also I can't seem to find anything suggesting how this will affect Primary Schools. An increasing ammount of primaries around here are employing their own technicians as they feel they need more "control" and flexibility over the level of support they get.

One main point of this seems to be they want support on demand and don't like being told they will have to wait.

I asked my headteacher about this and the impression I got was that I knew more about this than him. As far as he was concerned I was employed by the school and he had control over my contract. (Sadly I think he is mistaken)

Thank Post

As far as I believe there is something like the BSF for Primaries in the pipe line....

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

There is but it is quite different from BSF mainly ict managed services is not a mandatory item see here http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?nam...ewtopic&t=5716

Russell

Thank Post

I suspect those primary schools that get their ICT support from their local Secondary School ICT team or from their LA Education ICT support team will somehow be sucked into the BSF Secondary Managed ICT service too.

It may be too early to say if those that have arranged their own support will be 'encouraged' to join the managed service or not. My money would be on them being leaned on......

I am certain the LAs will want to consolidate ICT Services as much as possible. LAs are being encouraged by Partnership for Schools to broaden the scope of their BSF programs to incorporate both hard (building maintenance) and soft (catering, cleaning etc) Facilities Management into their bids.

Thank Post

Our LA ICT support team were taken over/tupe'd last year, and as they provide SIMS services and manage the servers/networks for all of the primary schools in our LEA (a few primaries have clubbed together to employ their own techies), the primary sector, has in all but name, become a service managed by a private company. How much consultation there has been, I don't know.
    The team also provides SIMS support for at least 12 out of our 14 secondary schools. This is a service we used to "buy in" when they were a LA ICT team, and as I'm not a party to these types of contract tenders, I have no idea if prices are rising, or if there is competition. I do know that the level of SIMS support they provide is of a very high standard.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread