+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
BSF Thread, BSF - Email from Steve Moss in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; I'm starting to agree with Grumbledooks positive (edit) attitude towards BSF ICT outsourcing. After the shock, the reality of Moss's ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts

Re: BSF - Email from Steve Moss

I'm starting to agree with Grumbledooks positive (edit) attitude towards BSF ICT outsourcing. After the shock, the reality of Moss's email sank in and this week, the experience has actually been quite uplifting - I have realised quite how much positive impact I've had at the school over the last few years -all from doing a good re-write of my cv and applying for a non-educational job. Not sure if I'll get it and I'm not sure if I want it, but in the current climate I seem to be running out of options. :cry:

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,028 Times in 729 Posts

e_g_r

I am a member of the SMT and as yet it has not been a matter for discussion and when i have breached the conversation it has been given to me in a roundabout assurance that we will not be going down the BSF route. This has been of course off the record. Also i have to run the network as well as i am not director of IT and i also lend a hand teaching the students and staff members and all the other stuff that i am accountable for.

I don't have a lot of time to give to these causes but GrumbleDook stirred in me a fire with some of his remarks and i thank him for this as it has made me realise what a lot of good work i actually do for the school both in and out of the place.

Thank you GrumbleDook have a good weekend

Thank Post

bossman,

was just makeing sure that you were aware of Grumbledooks position.

BSF is a big worry to us all and in the long run we will have to find our own position in the school, out sourced or re invented.

Have a good weekend one and all

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook
    Quote Originally Posted by Grommit
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman
    GrumbleDook: you seem pretty pro bsf and i wonder if you yourself have some vested interest, perhaps some political agenda maybe? you seem to be very well informed.
    I think GrumbleDook has re positioned himself and is not a real ICT Manager or Technician any more...

Thats what I think
    I'll take that comment in a light-hearted manner ... even though it could be mistaken for otherwise ...
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook
    Damn ... forgot the ;-)
    Me too on my pervious post.... Damn Bicsuit thieves.... I like the Victorian ones myself// ;-)

Thank Post

Wow .. This is defiantly one to stir the passion in all concerned and I hope that well inform leads to well prepared. The one think that is certain is that with the whole of education the status quo is just not going to be good enough and Teachers will be in for a big change too. I have an open mind to BSF and think some of the principals of equipping students for the 21st Century are admirable. BUT as with all things done on a national scale (just look at the NHS) there are policies that make things worse for some/most Schools. The tricky bit is how change is managed and how the best bits are able to be kept and here local knowledge is invaluable but seems to be disregarded . I hope to influence our LA so that is not the case here.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Nothing will happen with the teachers if it is bad for them in any way - their unions won't stand for it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567