+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
BSF Thread, RM Date Given... in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; I am to be assimilated into the RM Collective as of the 1st of September 2010. Resistance Was Futile I ...

Thank Post

Exclamation RM Date Given...

I am to be assimilated into the RM Collective as of the 1st of September 2010.
    Resistance Was Futile
    I will become One with RM...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 785 Posts
    Well Gatt,

At least you have somewhere to go and your future is in your own hands so to speak.

Good luck and I hope all works out for you in the future.

3. Thanks to bossman from:

Gatt (20th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Cheers,

Still not 100% sure whats happening with our school - its been saved from mergin gwith one school but hrere are rumours of us merging with another one

In one respect, I'll be glad to be TUPEd over to RM (Internal School Politics, Proper Training!) - yet on another I'm not.. (Loss of control over my systems )

Thank Post
    I can sympathise with you; You get to the point with BSF where you just wish it was done & dusted..... regardless of the outcome, especially when realise you are powerless to influence what is happening....

It's happening this time next year for me & my team, but we are still no wiser as to what 'it' will be

Thank Post
    Does your TUPE cover support staff? here weve been told that at the moment only teaching staff have the protection?

Thank Post
    I didnt think teaching staff were being TUPE'd - that it was nly non-teaching staff, specifically IT, but also site, cleaners and kitchen staff

Thank Post
    I don't know if it's any comfort but here are some of the things RM talk about on their website

Benefits

25 Days Annual Leave (option to buy an extra 5 days)
    Personal & Company related Bonus Scheme
    Staff Share Scheme
    Group Personal Pension
    Private Medical Healthcare
    Income Protection
    Life Assurance
    Childcare Vouchers
    Travelcard Loan
    Cycle to Work Scheme
    Give As You Earn (GAYE)
    Employee Referral Scheme
    Voluntary Dental Plan
    RM also has a lively Sports & Social scene

I'm not sure how much I would like to move over - I guess as you say there are pros and cons. For me I'd miss the non-IT aspects of the school that I get involved with now.

I hope it works out well for you though mate.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    I didnt think teaching staff were being TUPE'd - that it was nly non-teaching staff, specifically IT, but also site, cleaners and kitchen staff
    is your school becoming an Academy or trust run school?

Thank Post
    Err.. Neither as far as I know...

Thank Post
    Tupe regulations cover staff transferred from one business to another. They therefore cover ALL staff in this position. see Newby?- So what does BSF & single status mean for us all ?

BSF or non BSF if somebody takes on a business and has a roll that could be described as the same as the one already in place they need to follow the regulations.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,641 Times in 2,045 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If you get TUPEd, you are protected within the rules the TUPE process provide- it is not determined by the school/company, it is determined by employment law.

Thank Post
    Welcome abroad mate. If you need to chat about anything at all feel free to PM. Confidentiality assured!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    I'll be glad to be TUPEd over to RM (Internal School Politics, Proper Training!)
    Trust me, this is one of the greater benefits!

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by jcollings View Post
    I don't know if it's any comfort but here are some of the things RM talk about on their website
    Anyone know if RM frequent the Edugeek forums, or any of the other companies who are bidding do?

I just wonder if they are 'listening' to what those on the ground have to say rather than kicking their way onto our 'territory' with their big corporate ideas.

Isn't it usual when something is taken over, that despite the successes of those who have held the reins for so long, the new owner has other ideas and refuses to accommodate what has gone before?

I just don't get BSF.

My 'ICT' job is just so diverse that describing me as purely 'computers' is just so far from reality you have to see it to believe it.

Last week I was trudging through a muddy field looking for stolen goods (long story, some other time) and today I was reviewing CCTV footage with the Police. Last week I was filming as an observer in some engineering exams, in the not too distant future I'll be editing whatever footage is obtained on the annual school ski trip and making it into a short promotional film for the school. Tomorrow with some luck, I might get to play with computers again.

All falls within the general remit of my job, but when BSF hits, who's going to do it then? Will RM say "sorry, he's strictly a server technician, we don't do video" or will they just let me carry on as I do now, doing a bloody good job for the school, enjoying every minute of it?

Is there any direct consultation with BSF 'bidders' by those on the ground, or are our lives being mapped out at coffee guzzling board meetings?

BSF might be good for those interested in a career path, or career development, but what about those of us who have had a gutfull of corporate 'targets' and simply just want to get on and do something we enjoy doing so do to the best of our ability, without some snotty graduate with honours in people 'management' setting us productivity targets?

Am I just being cynical?

BSF is inevitable it would seem, but I really don't see how it is going to accommodate the diverse roles we all carry out, without question and ordinarily with a smile.

15. Thanks to theeldergeek from:

jcollings (26th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Whatever you might think about RM, it is unfair to blame them for BSF; they are one of a number of ICT suppliers bidding for contracts across England, these contracts are drawn up by LAs following strict guidelines & rules laid down by Partnership for Schools on behalf of the Government. The fact that RM seems to be winning a significant number suggests they have something more to offer schools.....

The bid preparation process is supposed to include a consultation exercise involving the schools so one could argue that failure to consult is the fault of the LAs who it seems prefer to bring in 'expert' consultants rather than use the skills & resources they already have available in their schools.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yeah they are not offering CC4

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast