+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
BSF Thread, BSF feedback please. in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; ...
    Thank Post

BSF feedback please.

Hi everyone,
    i know lots have been said about BSF in its various forms, i work as network manager at a school that is going through the BSF process and has to make some decisions in the very near future regarding ICT managed service.

What i would like is some personal feedback both positive (if it exists) and negative (i know this exists) about your schools progress in through BSF, for example.

What’s your job title before and after BSF?

Who employs you before and after BSF?

What role did you play, if any?

Did the managed service work as expected? Who is your service provider?

What issues did you as an ICT support team face before and after BSF?

What impact has BSF had on your job role/description?

Have you lost members of your team because of BSF?

Have you lost pay due to BSF?

Who is your managed service provider?

Can i or a member of our team visit you for a personal conversation about BSF?

Anything else you can tell me about your BSF experience?

thanks, look forward to your info (if any

stevef1

Thank Post
    Post BSF I think all ICT staff are gagged. Maybe not literally but certainly contractually!

3. Thanks to GoldenWonder from:

bossman (12th November 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,975 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenWonder View Post
    Post BSF I think all ICT staff are gagged. Maybe not literally but certainly contractually!
    How do they manage that, as it would be a variation of the contract conditions...

Thank Post
    And pre-BSF & even during the BSF build staff can be treated like mushrooms.....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    How do they manage that, as it would be a variation of the contract conditions...
    fear.... maybe it is self inflicted, or paranoia , but fear of retribution can prevent people speaking out ....

Thank Post
    Presumably even though your existing contract conditions apply, you would now be working for another private company and therefore will automatically be included in their 'disclosure' type of restrictions - on top your TUPE'd contract.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Presumably even though your existing contract conditions apply, you would now be working for another private company and therefore will automatically be included in their 'disclosure' type of restrictions - on top your TUPE'd contract.
    Um, no, they would have to sign a contract agreeing to the NDA.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by p858snake View Post
    Um, no, they would have to sign a contract agreeing to the NDA.
    But that would be a variation of their contract! That's my point, TUPE doesn't allow that AFAIK.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    But that would be a variation of their contract! That's my point, TUPE doesn't allow that AFAIK.
    If they do it just after the TUPE process has been finalised, then it wouldn't be included within in the TUPE policies as to my very brief understanding of contract stuff.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by p858snake View Post
    If they do it just after the TUPE process has been finalised, then it wouldn't be included within in the TUPE policies as to my very brief understanding of contract stuff.
    No, that is still a variation. When you are tuped over, the company is legally required to maintain the same contract. They can't simply say 'right, we've tuped you over, now that you're ours, we can ignore tupe'. That's not how TUPE works. TUPE is law, not policy.

Thank Post
    TUPE does allow for a variation of contract in two main ways - the transferring employee and incoming employer can negotiate a change of contact and agree terms as long as the change is not seen to be to the detriment of the employee.

Secondly under the ETO terms an incoming employer can vary the terms and conditions of employment. ETO stands for economic, technical, organisational. This being the three primary reasons that are allowed. It is not often used as the defining scope is quite narrow and can be difficult for an employer to defend and if judged to be grossly detrimental to the incoming employee can be a fairly sticky situation for the incoming employer.

However an NDA or confidentiality agreement can be seen to be outside the scope of the terms and conditions of employment as it can be judged to be an organisational policy agreement thereby negating any issue under TUPE guidelines.

So, to be blunt, yes you can gag people if you are 1. Devious enough, 2. Have good enough lawyers. Allegedly! :-P

Thank Post
    All i can say is that post BSF you don't hear that much from people. Don't forget poor old DEAKS either

Thank Post
    I always find it funny that the people who are so 'knowledgeable' about BSF, TUPE and RM are never the ones who have been through it. The negative posts are always rumours or cases of “my mate’s older brother’s mate’s cousin works in X project, and he says all the staff are being laid off”
    The reason you don’t hear from a lot of people post-BSF is because the majority of people see it as the great opportunity that it is and can’t be arsed with the hundreds of moaning posts on the BSF Forum.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ngreenwood View Post
    I always find it funny that the people who are so 'knowledgeable' about BSF, TUPE and RM are never the ones who have been through it. The negative posts are always rumours or cases of “my mate’s older brother’s mate’s cousin works in X project, and he says all the staff are being laid off”
    The reason you don’t hear from a lot of people post-BSF is because the majority of people see it as the great opportunity that it is and can’t be arsed with the hundreds of moaning posts on the BSF Forum.
    Citation Needed...

Thank Post
    Yes once they have been assimilated into the BSF collective we never hear from them again... apart from Deaks (good guy) form the Kent wave who spoke about it and the problems of BSF and was summarily constructively dismissed by the Service Provider after being TUPED or ngreenwood who seems to be a one woman RM propaganda machine :-)

I believe lower Technicians have a good career prospect if they laike to be part of a big machine but not so good for Managers as the management posts are spread across numerous school is not 1 manager per school ...

There was a blog about the BSF in Stoke Newington.. she was saying that their network manager had to reapply for a job in the RM pool

http://bsfatsns.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by Grommit; 12th November 2009 at 11:28 AM. Reason: update.. paranoid of the Stazi accusing me of slagging off mambers .. seems they lots of people cannot take a joke

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast