+ Post New Thread
BSF Thread, BSF & TUPE Timescale in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Hi Everyone, At the moment our LA is in the process of going from three to two bidders. We are ...

Thank Post

BSF & TUPE Timescale

Hi Everyone,

At the moment our LA is in the process of going from three to two bidders. We are having numerous schools either remodelled or rebuilt with the first schools to be finished late 2012 and the last being finished in 2015.

Does anyone have any experience of what I might expect as a timescale from being employed as a network manager by the school in which I work and being tuped across to the managed service provider.

Thank you for any help or advice you can give

Thank Post
    It depends on at what part of the process the ICT contract is started. Often this is at the start of the build program but may be delayed until later in the process. School that are having no building work may also be offered "interim services" from which they pick parts of the managed service offer to take before they take the full managed service.

So in short the answer is local to your authority and school. I would try and find out who at your school has been attending meetings and press them for an idea of when the school will enter a managed service. Also try and contact whoever does your HR as they will ultimately need to inform you of any changes to your job. They may not know the answer but they should know who to ask to find out.

Thank Post
    By build program do you mean the time the first school is started or the time at which the school in which I work is started?

Will all schools start the managed service at the same time or will each school enter into the managed service when work starts to their individual school.

In my case our building work starts very late 2011 and is set to finish 2014 would I be looking at a date close to 2011 or 2014?

Thanks for any advice

Thank Post
    Most companies want to start the contract ASAP but it doesn't always represent good value for LA/school to do that. Harringey for instant decide to do a change over day and all schools moved over when the contract was finalised. However this need not be true. What is likely is that Staff may get tuped before any changes are made to the building or ICT.

For example school A starts a full managed service when it's building work is finished. The council/schools starts it's 5 year contract with the LEP at that date. School B building work is yet to be started so it doesn't want it's capital spend yet (keeps it old stuff running) but in order to use the centralised MLE, MIS or other services it needs to join the contract. School B will pay X amount to the LEP to provide interim services and they will take on the school staff. These staff will probably continue to do the same job but will be employed by the managed service provider.

Given your timetable I suspect you would be looking at late 2012 as the latest date you would be offered TUPE but every contract is different so I could be very wrong

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread