+ Post New Thread
BSF Thread, ICT in BSF - Event 6th March in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; BSF and ICT Here is your chance to meet and talk about ICT in BSF . Some time ago I ...
    Thank Post

ICT in BSF - Event 6th March

BSF and ICT

Here is your chance to meet and talk about ICT in BSF.

Some time ago I posted some questions to edugeek about an event around ICT and BSF.
    There was quite a lot of comment at the time and after a lot of preparation, I am pleased to invite anyone interested to an event in Birmingham on 6th March to discuss “ICT within BSF”.

See futureschools.eu for more information and the invite.

I have taken your comments to heart, particularly in regards to cost. Places are available from £55, and I’ve budgeted for a couple of free places for suitable edugeek members.

Currently, BSF is in the news daily and changes may be in the air. Who knows? But developing an understanding about BSF and deepening our sense of what’s important can impact this current process (and what will one day follow it) for the better.

As such, this is the party not to be missed, because you will meet, talk to and listen to others for whom “how to get the best outcome for pupils and schools which BSF/ ICT presents?” is a very important question.

It can’t be compared with the type of event The Guardian is running in conjunction with P4S later in March, which has sponsors, speakers and limited interaction.

This is more inclusive and exploratory – and we will “slow things down” so that space for powerful learning can arise and, through finding a common understanding, help move the process forward to get what we all want - better outcomes for children and schools.

So we have no sponsors, no podiums, no keynote speakers, a very open structure and a team of hosts for the day who are all excited about what this day could be, and who come with really really great experience.

It important to have a wide range of voices in the room that includes school management, local authority staff, LEP employees, even maybe media, civil servants and MP’s, as well as P4S and BSF, and the major suppliers.

So please send this out to your networks, and or print it out and hand it to school management so they may have a chance to attend.

Space is limited to 70 places

Any questions e-mail or skpye me : peter@futureschools.eu
    skype ID : Styloid

If you are called by this question - we really want you to come and join with us on the 6th, and help shape the outcome

Thanks.
    Looking forward to meeting you.

Peter Martins
    Last edited by Styloid; 28th January 2009 at 04:55 PM. Reason: typo

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Dam can't go to this as won't get back in time to pick son up...

But looks good event will make sure I promote it in my network etc. Also who ever goes under free edugeek ticket can you make sure you do a report on the day for the rest of us.

Russ

Thank Post
    Birmingham eh? Hmmm... Might see about going..

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Unlikely to be able to make it but I will pass the details onto my boss (who is probably more appropriate anyway) to see if he is available. I'm already booked with a colleague for the Guardian one later in the month and will report back on it.

Thank Post

Spreading the messege

Im keen to get word of this event round - sadly some of the networks I was hoping to to carry it have not done so yet.

I need to get the messege to Heads, LEPS, and pre LEP local authorities.

I've have some e-mail addresses of those involved - but am aware that there are a lot I dont have.

Im asking you either to e-mail me email addresses - ( for use once only for this event - used confidentially and allowing you to remain anonymous) or to forward the text below in this mail to those who you think will want to hear about it.

Thanks.

Peter Martins

"Subject : ICT within BSF : How do we achieve the best outcomes for schools and Children from this opportunity?

If this question is of interest to you, then I invite you to participate in an event in Birmingham on the 6th March.

More information and the application form can be found here. futureschools.eu

It is being organised by Futureschools.eu – which is an independent, non profit making body which has no connection with BSF, PFS, or any large company or commercially interested body.

This event can’t be compared with the conference The Guardian is running in conjunction with PFS later in March, which has sponsors, speakers and limited interaction.

In contrast, we offer a very open structure supported by a team of hosts who are experienced and can make this day a really rewarding experience for us all

We are free of sponsors, have no podiums and keynote speakers will be absent.

Our event is designed to be more inclusive and exploratory. We will “slow things down” so that space for learning can arise, and, through finding a common understanding, move forward to get what we all want - better outcomes for children and schools.

Its important to have a wide range of perspectives in the room, and although this is primarily for school staff and management, local government and LEPS, it is also open to anybody.

This is a unique event - I really hope you can come and look forward to meeting you.

Space is limited so book soon. Places are available from just £55.

You can reserve one by e-mailing me : peter@futureschools.eu

If you know of others who may be interested please forward this on to them. Viral spread of information is amazingly powerful and I hope you’ll help by passing this on to your colleagues and professional network.

Any questions please call me – I’m on 07866607321 / 0208 133 1738 or skype ID : styloid.

Thanks

Peter Martins"

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I will do some promoting around my network today..

Russ

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread