+ Post New Thread
BSF Thread, Kirklees BSF in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Hello all! BSF has finally been announced in the kirklees north area and with all this crap going on im ...
    Thank Post

Kirklees BSF

Hello all!

BSF has finally been announced in the kirklees north area and with all this crap going on im trying to get some research and such into whats going to happen to me and other technicians i know in kirk north.

All this business with TUPE and whatever, does anyone know who has won the contract for kirklees? ive looked into the other threat that reports on the LA's that have signed contracts etc but i dont see Kirklees in there.

Do any fellow kirklees employees have more info than me, does anyone else know?

Also has anyone in kirklees been approached for TUPE yet?

Im quite worried about my job security as ive been told there is no job in two years for me but thats just speculation, or at least im hoping its speculation.

Anyone got some nice juicy info?

Blue

Thank Post
    in this case, silence isnt a virtue, help please! =)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,828 Times in 1,135 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm presuming you are Kirklees North. If you haven't already had a look this page has information, including 2 newsletters which give the contact details for each area including ICT.

Page 7 of the first newsletter gives a break down of timescales and it looks like they have only just finished the Strategy for Change. This will let you know what the general direction is for whether they are going for a managed service or not, but I doubt it has even gone out for tender yet.

Clive Williams (contact details in the newsletter) is the point of contact for you, but it appears that they have already started meetings of senior leaders with responsibility for ICT. Find out if your school is involved and get what info you can from them, or give as much advice as you can to make sure the school gets what it needs.

Thank Post
    Thanks Grumble.

Im pretty sure my school will be involved seeing as i support 7 schools =)

i also help the local high school and they are deffinately effected as they are planned to be built on/upgraded etc

thanks for this info, i shall contact them and get back with some more info for kirklees employees, hopefully itll be good news.

no tupe.. no tupe... no tupe... *chants*

Thank Post
    I'm not sure if they've completely finished their "Strategy for Change" - we're sort of peripherally involved, even though we're not in North Kirklees. (Informed people will now be able to guess which school I work at :-)

(We should have had someone going to the meetings, but apparently that didn't happen :-( I was sent at the last minute to the first one - I'm only a technician, it should have been someone from the teaching side of things - and did point out how important it was for someone go the remaining meetings.)

It's good to see a thread on this - I'll keep on watching.

Thank Post
    Well, i spoke with the kirklees BSF team last week and got some information from them.

Basically the ICT meetings are indeed already happening, a rep from the high school i work with has been attending these meetings for a while.

What ive found out so far is basically that kirklees will be going with an MSP for the secondaries, thats a definite, but primary schools probably wont be getting an MSP (yay! - i work in primaries )

Also for the next year they will be putting together a list of what schools need, require etc and then the contract will be offered out november 2009 to the european businesses or whatever.

I sincerely hope we dont get RM'd, not that it seems right now that itll affect me but id prefer dell or even microsoft :P

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread