+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
BSF Thread, BSF regarding the future of IT technicians in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; on the 12th of sept we are having a meeting regarding the future of IT technicians. i've spoken to aother ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

BSF regarding the future of IT technicians

on the 12th of sept we are having a meeting regarding the future of IT technicians. i've spoken to aother memeber of staff and they said somthing about tupe ??? never heard of it and googled it and looks a bit complicated is their anything i should be asking. also from what i heard we are getting 4m for going ahead with this BSF

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,276 Times in 1,051 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If you search the site for TUPE you will receive all (and more) the answers you require.

Thank Post
    Hi Kevin,

I am also under the Derby BSF rollout.

Have you heard any further details of the meeting besides it being on Sept 12th?

Such as location and time of the meeting.

Have any of your senior management and Head of ICT been disappearing to BSF meetings that we haven't heard about and do you have any details as to what's been said at these meetings.

BTW I'm at Lees Brook School in derby. Where are you based?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    yea im not far im at westpark school not sure about the hidden meetings all i know is that we have a meeting on the 12th dont have time or thing with bsf im guessing it will be at our school. why what have you heard

Thank Post
    I am in the merseyside area and cant seem to get any info regarding the BSF take over. Anyone out there to offer any advise.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    all i know and dont quote me is that if your school dont go ahead with it then your funding pull be plugged and that you wont be working for the school you will be working for your local council but im not sure about if they move you around i think thats what this meeting is for on the 12th at our school is going to be about

Thank Post
    Hi Kevin & Siuko,

I'm at Murray Park and have been told the meeting will probably be at Derby College. Don't think we will told too much just an outline of the process. The real information will probably come once a contact has been signed - Oct 2010?. Did you get the briefing letter - this contains a few snippets of info? Hope that helps

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,585 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Please look at the BSF threads - they will give you all the info you need about what BSF means to a school and what is likely to happen

Thank Post
    Hi Rob

I have PM'd you to ask if you could send me the briefing paper you mentioned.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    yea i had to ring up the bsf team to find out where this meeting was takeing place and turned out my manager alrdy new of this when i got to this meeting im going to give them a peice of my mind im not joining anything i dont care all local goverment and the actual goverment are all W**kers

Thank Post

good for you

good for you, i'm not either, i am going to ask for redundancy. I'd rather go find employment with a company that i want to work for, rather than one i am forced to work for.
    It is a shame ict techs are regarded as expendable by schools and the government, but it just shows how little they know or care

Thank Post
    You cant actually ask for redundancy as far as i am aware. If you choose not to take the job with the managed service, you are in effect resigning.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerste View Post
    good for you, i'm not either, i am going to ask for redundancy. I'd rather go find employment with a company that i want to work for, rather than one i am forced to work for.
    It is a shame ict techs are regarded as expendable by schools and the government, but it just shows how little they know or care

Have to agree with 'Red' marco84 here. You're effectively handing in your notice if you don't accept the TUPE process. No ifs, no buts.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    humm....yea but surely if i did not want apart of this and say just wanted to stay where i am under the guidence of the school then they cant do anything they have no right.....the only thing i'd think the goverment / lea could do is put preasure on the school into letting me go and they cant cus they have no reason to let me go and if they tried then that would be unfair dismisal wouldn't it

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin_lane View Post
    humm....yea but surely if i did not want apart of this and say just wanted to stay where i am under the guidence of the school then they cant do anything they have no right.....the only thing i'd think the goverment / lea could do is put preasure on the school into letting me go and they cant cus they have no reason to let me go and if they tried then that would be unfair dismisal wouldn't it
    Sorry to disappoint - if you refuse to transfer you will have handed your notice in.

'Bout half way down this page:
    Business transfers and takeovers (TUPE) : Directgov - Employment

If you don't want to work for the new employer
    You can refuse to work for the new employer. You must let your current or prospective employer know that you object to the transfer. You'll be regarded as having resigned and will have no right to claim unfair dismissal or to a redundancy payment.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast