+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
BSF Thread, BSF.... in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Originally Posted by jsnetman Sorry but I have to do this. Is anybody going to take you seriously when your ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnetman View Post
    Sorry but I have to do this. Is anybody going to take you seriously when your grammar and spelling is atrocious? If you are going to persuade people in education about your ideas type your posts into word and correct them before doing a post.
    I was thinking the same thing myself! If you are planning on holding what would expect to be a top end meeting (because you are after all asking for £200 for the privilege to attend) I personally would expect the organiser to have impeccable spelling and grammar at the very least, as well as not using so much bad language every other sentence. Very unprofessional in this circumstance if you ask me.

Do you know we have a "FFS" forum here? :P

2. Thanks to Zoom7000 from:

Styloid (16th May 2008)

Thank Post

Fair enough about my grammer spelling

But this is not a presentation - and I'm looking for feedback about my ideas nothing else. Sorry if its hard for you to understand.
    But then as some one has noted "dyslexia is a way of loaf". As a fully paid up loxdoxic I know its a handicap.
    My view is that - although there is carping about the cost and the spelling and me being in a big business and therefore (maybe) less worthy - you will all bust a gut to be there as its the only show in town of its type.

Small world theory says you need to go to a distant part of the forest. There you can find new knowledge which brings value and status when you bring them back to the tribe. Some of you lot need to get out more ! Hopefully I will be able to invite you at a cost you can afford some time soon.
    No offence intended.
    Last edited by Styloid; 15th May 2008 at 03:40 PM. Reason: SPELLING AND GRAMMER

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Styloid; Today at 03:40 PM. Reason: SPELLING AND GRAMMER
    hehe.

I think it's a bit late now to be against BSF. It's happened and there is no going back.

Sorry!

5. Thanks to Joanne from:

Styloid (16th May 2008)

Thank Post
    @Styloid

If I were a cynical person, I might say that your primary concern is that as a small time supplier of ICT goods & services to schools, you have no future market with schools under BSF unless you can halt the juggernaut & therefore you need our help

As far as I can see, BSF will close down market access to a host of good, honest, reliable small companies & suppliers across the whole of the UK. I for one will be sorry for the companies I deal with who have up until now supported me & my school but will be unable to do so post-BSF.

7. Thanks to broc from:

Styloid (16th May 2008)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Styloid View Post
    But this is not a presentation - and I'm looking for feedback about my ideas nothing else. Sorry if its hard for you to understand.
    Well, if you're looking for feedback then surely from the previous replies you will have got it and IMO the mass consensus looks to be no one wants to, or can afford to, pay £150-£200 for an meeting room event discussing issues between parties who can't seem to be able to get together in a room for free!

Small world theory says you need to go to a distant part of the forest. There you can find new knowledge which brings value and status when you bring them back to the tribe. Some of you lot need to get out more ! Hopefully I will be able to invite you at a cost you can afford some time soon.
    No offence intended.
    This works both ways, wasn't it you who said in your first post "I have a number of issues with BSF, and like many here I am un-persuaded of its virtue and doubtful about its ability to deliver anything but invoicing for poor serivices. However its here."

'Nuff said, it's here, we've come to accepting it, with our reservations. As for inviting us to an event for a cost that we can afford, take into account what Dos Box said, not only is the EduGeek Conference free, no doubt some or many BSF issues will be discussed, but they are renumerating park of the hotel costs. If you really want to be helpful... take note!

9. Thanks to Zoom7000 from:

Styloid (16th May 2008)

Thank Post

Any fat ladies singing?

Of coarse its not over - BSF is wobbling like a 2m high jenga stack. the bricks can't be stacked much higher - and when it collapse or changes shape - we want intelligent reasonable experienced and honorable people to help reshape it.
    Even if it does not explode - there will be plenty of chances to change iTs course.
    Maybe Iím to optimistic - but the alternative is to let the bastards beat you. Who said you could have what you want without FIGHT ?

Thank Post
    @styloid

Why don't you go away and spend a good few days reading the various BSF threads on Edugeek before accusing the members here of sitting around & doing nothing.......

ps who is the 'we' in we want intelligent reasonable experienced ..........

'we' are already fighting our own battles about BSF, 'we' don't need any help from you. 'we' support our schools & care about the teaching & learning environment for 'our' students, that is why 'we' are not sitting round ........

12. Thanks to broc from:

Styloid (16th May 2008)

Thank Post
    @broc

Is it me or are you a bit itchy scarchy?
    I’m not picking a fight with anyone here, but so far you’re having a got at me for cynical self interest, and not having any background research and saying your im saying your "sitting around and doing nothing". My comment about not letting the bastards beat you we directed at Joanne, who has given up.
    Last edited by Styloid; 15th May 2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: grammar

Thank Post
    Hi Styloid

I and maybe others would be interested to know what company you work for please, if you don't mind?

15. Thanks to conehead from:

Styloid (16th May 2008)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    @Styloid

I would honestly recommend you spend a day or so reading the BSF threads ... have a look at the conversations between me and Grommit, look what Broc has posted ...

There are those here going through the process at the moment and it is too late for things to change for them ...

Again, I would really like to know what your aims are for this event. Are you forming a group to lobby for it to stop or be changed? Are you guaranteeing the presence of MPs, etc who are involved in this and willing to listen / chat with those at the chalk face?

I honestly don't think anyone has an issue with those aspects ... they are quite supportive if that is what you want to to do ... it is the cost that sticks in people's throats.

If you want to chat more in private then feel free to PM me.

17. Thanks to GrumbleDook from:

Styloid (16th May 2008)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by conehead View Post
    Hi Styloid

I and maybe others would be interested to know what company you work for please, if you don't mind?
    Googling the number in
    this post brings up a company called Datacable in W Yorks

19. Thanks to joe90bass from:

Styloid (16th May 2008)

Thank Post
    @Styloid
    I am not going to waste time arguing with you or trying to score points. Suffice to say I have been actively engaged (as a governor and as a school network manager) in trying to shape the outcome of BSF since 2004 when it was first announced. I have sat in meetings with council officials, governors, school headteachers, had discussions with politicians, and its fair to say many would agree that the BSF program is not without its faults, but everyone agrees that the goals of BSF are worthwhile so we should do nothing to impede its progress.

I stand by what I have said in this & other threads discussing BSF; the BSF program is not going to go away, the Government will not allow it to fail. The best we can do is try to shape the outcome for the maximum benefits of our schools. This is best done by consultation, discussion, and negotiation with the authorities that can influence the outcome.

21. Thanks to broc from:

Styloid (16th May 2008)

Thank Post
    £150 for a meeting? Sorry, no can do, it's a significant chunk of my monthly wage instantly gone.

23. Thanks to Friez from:

Styloid (16th May 2008)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @broc

My comment about not letting the bastards beat you we directed at Joanne, who has given up.
    Not given up! Just got a new job elsewhere away from schools!!

Basically the head at my place was going to make me into a teaching assisstant in order to keep me in the school. However, I wouldn't really be able to do much with the computers. I'd be pulling out paper jams and turning things off and on. Not something I aspire to.

Many people will be TUPED over to the managed service and I'm sure some of them will get jobs there, which will be a good move because they will have a proper career structure then.

It's all well and good trying to fight it, and I know it isn't set in stone, but the managed service is due to come into Blackburn in September 2009, not long... so in my opinion I don't see any way out. Yes you can demonstrate and you can shout all you want. Hell, we have even spoke to the woman who is in charge of all this... face to face and there is no going back now for us!

Are you saying that when BSF collapses that is when we should strike? Or are you saying we should be against it now?

25. Thanks to Joanne from:

Styloid (16th May 2008)

Thank Post

reply to Joanne

Thanks Joanne.
    I am glad you have found a way out, and am sorry that youve had to leave a job where, I assume, you had been happy and content. I think itís a loss to education and the school

I'm not sure what Iím saying. I have no master plan, no agenda for the destruction of BFS - as some have pointed out it is seen by many a good thing. Who am I to think I know when and how exactly to influence the process.

And yes I do work in the private sector in ICT but Im not really wearing my company hat. I'm not looking to sell anything - but create a place for all parts of the organism to talk to itself and see what emerges.
    There is a lot interest in BFS and the personal evidence of how BSF effects on the lives and working of schools will be of interest to many.

I'm not talk about a Westminster Conference - (which Iíve been to and was a heart stoppingly dull affair - £300 quite to here a minster bang on about motherhood and apple pie - that really was a rip off).

I know I can do better that and deliver something of value.
    Good luck in your new role.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information