+ Post New Thread
BSF Thread, Oh for god sakes... in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Pity I cant file this under FFS!! as well. Just been forwarded an email that was sent to our head ...

Thank Post

Oh for god sakes...

Pity I cant file this under FFS!! as well.

Just been forwarded an email that was sent to our head on the 2nd April..

Its a "Request for Further Information"doc about the current manged service received at the school.. who supplies us what and at what cost, etc..

problem was it had a deadline of 20th April 2008!!

Now today is the 22nd ...

What the heck do i do now??

Thank Post
    Reply to the original sender, letting them know that you have only just received it and ask if you could give them the info by the end of the week.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,652 Times in 2,252 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Send an email back to then regarding it explaining that the message has only just made it to you and is it possible to still submit your information for review given that you only got the request today.

I really hate it when this kind of stuff happens to me as I have had messages, deliverys and email held up by others also. I once spent a week waiting for a part to arrive that had been helpfull files by a member of staff.

Thank Post
    I had something similar, asking for full details of all hardware/software installed at our school, admittedly with a slightly longer deadline, if I recall correctly I had just 3 days to do it while I was in the middle of rolling out our new wireless network infrastructure! Amongst other things they wanted to know what application software we had installed on all staff & student computers.

I told my line manager (Deputy HT) that I could not possibly complete it to their deadline, she agreed & said do what you can, when you can.

After a couple of phone calls & emails from the person asking for the information it all went very quiet. That was several months ago.....

Needless to say nobody has been back asking for the information..... just as well as it is still not done

Thank Post
    Well looking at the trail... this was originally sent to the HT and my Line Manager on teh 2nd of April.

I could understand it getting buried in the HT's inbox.. but if it went to my LM then they could've at least FW: it to me...

Cant fidn either as they are both in interviews .. cos my LM has been involved with all things BSF.. not me.. i just got to attend a consultation meeting..

think this will go back to him...

Thank Post
    Response for the use of...

[quote]To: <original sender>
    CC: The Doctor

To whom it may concern,

I'm afraid your email was not received until the deadline had passed. I can only assume this took place due to sudden wormhole in the time-space continuum. Such an event can really only be attributed to poor electron motivation and lack of excitement of the quantum coils at the critical juncture. As a result the email seems to have been held in a stasis field generated by someone else's inbox and only came to light when a vital education related purchase (holiday tickets, ebay win, etc..) was received in the same stasis field thus prompting its release.

I have however ensured that our consultant time lord has been appraised of your email and he will endeavour to identify, locate and deal with the problem or problems as quickly as possible, if not before this issue even took place.

Obviously if the issue has not been resolved you will actually receive this email but rest assured I will by then have adjusted to this new time reality and be performing miracles as previously expected... Obviously I'll have to fit this in, between saving the world and reducing the current economic climate issues to a problem of whether I should have tea or coffee.

I hope this deals with your original problem and any further time travelling requirements should be dealt with via the afore mentioned consultant or his sidekick, depending on who she happens to be and whether or not she's dead, abandoned or just bored.

Yours sincerely...

<tech name>

7. Thanks to contink from:

Oops_my_bad (29th April 2008)

Thank Post
    Tell them to bugger off and come and check it themselves if they want the contract!

Thank Post
    "Please find attached the "Request for Further Information" document as requested. Sorry it is late, but as you're going to ignore it and supply us with inferior products at a higher cost, and will generally bugger up the systems i've spent the past several years implementing, i didnt think you'd mind. Thank you for your understanding and giving me this opportunity to waste my time, sorry, i mean give input which you will value and make good use of."

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information