+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
BSF Thread, Salford BSF in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; came into this morning and found this in my email.. (names removed to protect the not so innocent As you ...

Thank Post

Salford BSF

came into this morning and found this in my email.. (names removed to protect the not so innocent

As you maybe aware, as part of the Building Schools for the Future programme, we are currently seeking partners to deliver a wide range of services to schools through a Local Education Partnership (LEP), including an ICT Managed Service, a Learning Platform and a Transforming Education Network. The LEP will play an important role in delivering the transformational agenda to learners and educators within the City Of Salford through ICT.

You are hereby invited to attend a consultation meeting with myself and my colleagues <<removed>> (BSF Lead ICT and Transformation) and <<REMOVED>> (Principal HR Advisor) on Monday 25th February 2008 at <<not telling you!>> , whereby the full details, including staffing implications of the services to be delivered by the LEP, and particularly the ICT Managed Service, will be explained.

I would appreciate it if you could email <<removed>> (at <<email removed>>) to acknowledge receipt of this invitation and confirm your attendance.
    Now, this was sent to me personally, so either someone has emailled all the IT Techs individually, odd whent here is a distribution list available, OR.. I was only sent this.. trying to find out if any other NM or tech has got this email...

Anyone got any thoughts as to what I might expect?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    Anyone got any thoughts as to what I might expect?
    Trouble???

Sorry - no help but couldn't resist!

Thank Post
    Yep, expecting that very special kind of trouble that comes glazed with a sugar coating..
    From what I've heard about BSF.. I think i'll be looking for a new job shortly..

Thank Post
    It'll happen like this..... you'll all be sitting down and then your arse will fall out as they say all ICT will be taken over and controlled by a Managed Service Company and that the staff will be TUPED as Toner Drones...

Then basically you will be the person that is expected to happily sell your job down the river by helping and advising the consultants to take over your job and install tonnes of flashy new kit which you will not be in charge of..

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    As it's going out to tender and they are seeking partners, they're probably going to be after information from you. I suspect that BSF 'consultants' will have already presented an overview of the project, a before and after technical and staffing structure. The outline proposal will have been approved by cabinet (councillors). You should be able to get the council minutes of this meeting.

Probably they will be after some of the finer details from you. It may be worth getting hold of the proposal that the consultants put forward to cabinet, and then rubbish the figures (probably they won't care if its overcosted because its central govt money anyway)

Get as many people as you can to go to this meeting, the bigger the fuss the more they will pay attention to detail.
    Get reassurance (in writing) about TUPE protection, planned staff reductions/downgrading. Ask if it'll be competitive interview etc. Ask for the staffing structure after its been centralised. Make sure the union attends, and get the union to do a press release about the outcome. Minute the meeting.

Thank Post
    time to dig out my login details for jobsite me thinks....

Thank Post
    time to dig out my login details for jobsite me thinks....

"Sad but True"

There is one thing that I would like to know tho.... as Network Manages we get £27k - £35k + in wages..... Will we be Tuped at the same rate ?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Provided they don't use the ETO defence to reduce staff numbers, YES. They can't do it any other way.

Of course if you quit and go and get another job in protest, they'll never have that problem.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grommit View Post
    "Sad but True"

There is one thing that I would like to know tho.... as Network Manages we get £27k - £35k + in wages..... Will we be Tuped at the same rate ?
    I don't even get £27k..

Thank Post
    I think you'll find most of us NM's don't get 27k

Butuz

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    In Industry you do, and that's where you'll be when your TUPED...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Butuz View Post
    I think you'll find most of us NM's don't get 27k

Butuz
    I think you'll find that down South most of us do... we also have to pay £200k for a 2 bedroom flat

Thank Post
    Ok had our meeting yesterday..

The final 2 ICT bidders were confirmed as
    • Catalyst Lend Lease – Bovis Lend Lease, Capita Symonds, Redstone Communications
    • Transformational Learning Partnerships – Laing O’Rourke, Hochtief, RM Education

TUPE was discussed and made to sound like it would be a good thing for us.. that the only change is that we work for a new employer

There were that many questions that I can't remember just yet what was asked and what was said .. hopefully some minutes will come our way.

Though sure someone else on here will remember better than I did..

Thank Post
    Ok had our meeting yesterday..

The final 2 ICT bidders were confirmed as
    • Catalyst Lend Lease – Bovis Lend Lease, Capita Symonds, Redstone Communications
    • Transformational Learning Partnerships – Laing O’Rourke, Hochtief, RM Education

TUPE was discussed and made to sound like it would be a good thing for us.. that the only change is that we work for a new employer

There were that many questions that I can't remember just yet what was asked and what was said .. hopefully some minutes will come our way.

Though sure someone else on here will remember better than I did..
    Network Managers ?

Thank Post
    Nothing said - just that we'd be "protected under TUPE reg's"

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information