+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
BSF Thread, BSF & TUPE in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; I dunno about that, SUN have got one contract haven't they? I'm pretty sure they'd be going for a thin ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,984 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I dunno about that, SUN have got one contract haven't they? I'm pretty sure they'd be going for a thin client based system if they have.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    Salford are holding a "Consultation" a week monday with all the IT Techs and NMs do discuss BSF..

Wonder how many will hand in their notice after the "Consultation"
    Please ask specifically what happens to Network Managers and their higher pay rate than technicians..

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    the managed service will be a really good oppertunity for some to have more structure to the workplace and a career path... however, it depends how you are geared and if that matched what the managed service needs :S bah.. who NEEDS I.T.?!?!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grommit View Post
    They will gut the Nix Boxes and install new window servers
    Good luck with that one. Remember what happened when MS tried to do that with Hotmail?

Thank Post
    They will gut the Nix Boxes and install new window servers or whatever the large managed service company uses... your pride and joy Network will no longer exist and a generic managed service compny oone will be installed and remotely installed...
    See sig below..

Thank Post
    Please ask specifically what happens to Network Managers and their higher pay rate than technicians..
    First question I'm gonna ask!!

Thank Post
    Well, no firm information on the Tupe process, just assurances that I will still be NM and that my current t&c's will be protected. More info in the Kent/Northgate thread.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    First question I'm gonna ask!!
    Any news yet ?

Thank Post
    Not yet, meeting is tomorrow @ half 2 so will let you know how it goes..

Thank Post

tuped over in a london brough

We are one of many schools that will be told we are going to be tuped over to RM, it's been nearly two years ago when we first told and had a meeting with represntives of RM,the personel of the brough and a union repreentive and senior member\teacher of the school who is the incharge of the bsf.

That was two years ago about, there are three members in the ICT team, network manager,and two ICT technicians one full time the other term time.we have had no consultation from anybody reguarding our position about being tuped over, this is dispite the building program well on its way and aslo any duties that team had that were not IT related have been removed from us, this was done with no consultation.

My questions are:

Is this a reason amount of time to accept that we have not been given any infomation and leagal?

we have heard romours that we will not be specfically assign to the school we currerntly work at and possiablly become floaters around the other schools in brough that RM have a controlling interest.

I think its very disgracefull the way we have been treated and the fact that our other duties have been taken away from us without prior consultation,this only make us belive that we are just a number
    and no one really cares what happnens to us.

any infomation guys would be great

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenico View Post
    we have heard romours that we will not be specfically assign to the school we currerntly work at and possiablly become floaters around the other schools in brough that RM have a controlling interest.
    I can't comment on your LA specifically but the norm is for the staff to move over to the MSU and will drift form school to school or be based somewhere remoting into all schools supporting them that way.

Only one technician will probably remain in school, doing day-to-day tasks, changing printer cartridges etc.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,984 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That was two years ago about, there are three members in the ICT team, network manager,and two ICT technicians one full time the other term time.we have had no consultation from anybody reguarding our position about being tuped over, this is dispite the building program well on its way and aslo any duties that team had that were not IT related have been removed from us, this was done with no consultation.
    Removing tasks from your responsibility, without consultation and agreement is illegal. It is constructive dismissal - ie. taking your jobs away from you bit by bit so as to undermine your role.

Is this a reason amount of time to accept that we have not been given any infomation and leagal?

I think its very disgracefull the way we have been treated and the fact that our other duties have been taken away from us without prior consultation,this only make us belive that we are just a number
    and no one really cares what happnens to us.

any infomation guys would be great
    You could very well become a floating technician - the new company does not have to keep your role exactly the same, only the terms of employment. However, making you drive hundreds of miles for your new role could be classed as an unfair change to your terms, so it is a grey area.

Have you taken this up with your manager? or the head? If you aren't getting any satisfaction to your enquiries from them, write to your governers.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My questions are:

Some of this information may be out there but not passed on to you directly. Here is an approximate order of people to ask.

1 - write a letter to your line manager and head for clarification of the time line for TUPE, movement of job roles and the status of the implementation of the Managed Service at the school.

2 - Contact your union to request their assistance in clarifying your job roles (pre- and post-TUPE) and if they have heard anything. Inform the school that you are doing this.

3 - Contact the LA HR team to ask the same questions.

4 - Contact your union to inform them that you have not had information and can they assist you with a FoI request about the timeline for job transfers.

At one of these points you should get feedback with the information and the union should be used to assist with getting the info, and only as a stick as a last resort.

Thank Post
    time line for TUPE, movement of job roles and the status of the implementation of the Managed Service at the school

Will they know these details and when would they know them? Just because I would be interested in how far we are in, but noone seems to know.

Thank Post

time line

hi guys,
    i've heard time line mentioned here, is there a structured list available from ? LEA?, or somewhere you can look at this, does it mention school names?

thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information